remember.

I made my way go my old bathroom, which was connected to Nat's room. My stuff was laid out on my side of the double sided vanity sink, I'm assuming someone placed it for me. I turned the water on and let it run while I set my music up. A pink beats pill laid on the counter and I turned it on, my phone connecting automatically to it. I scrolled through my Spotify and scrunched my brows up at all the music on it. All unfamiliar. I searched 'Journals' and the whole Justin Bieber album came up. I pressed play all, and heart breaker began playing through the speakers. I took my hair out of the braids, and removed the bandage off my head. I hopped in the shower and let the water hit my skin. It felt amazing. I carefully washed my hair, showered up, shaved and all that stuff one usually does in the shower. I stepped out, turning off the water and wrapping myself in a towel. I brushed my teeth, put lotion and perfume on,  all while letting my hair air dry. I stared at myself in the mirror, for the first time ever. I still looked pretty. Even with the scar on my head, and the bare face I had. I debated for a while, on wether or not I wanted to put makeup on. I opted out of it and just put on some mascara and chapstick. I put on some underwear, and threw on a pair of Adidas track pants, with a black halter crop top. I put on some socks and left my damp curls as they were. While getting dressed I realized I had a small Roman numeral tattoo on my upper arm. I would ask Nat about it later, because I probably got it with her. I turned off my speaker, and made my way downstairs where everyone else was. Nate and Nat were sitting on the floor in the den, my dad and Mia were I assume in the kitchen cooking, and Sammy was laying on the sofa, North sitting on his chest. He was tickling him, and my little brother was in a fit of laughter. I made sure I was unseen, and made my way to the kitchen. Mia was at the stove, and my dad was mixing iced tea. Mia heard me walk in, and her head shot up. Her eyes were lit automatically and she walked over to me, taking me in her arms and hugging me.

"How are you..?" She asked. I smile and hugged back.

"I'm okay... smells great" I said. She smiled and pulled back.

"We went full Puerto Rican today. Rice wth gandules, pernil, potato salad, macaroni salad. The works. It's a celebration." She said. I nodded and she went back to the stove.

"Need help?" I asked. She waved her hand at me.

"No no. Go with everyone else in the den." She said. I knew arguing with Mia was pointless. She was like Mami. Once she said something, we knew better. I nodded and made my way slowly to the living room. Nate and Nat were now on the sofa picking a movie, and Sammy was on the floor playing with North and his toy cars. Once North saw me, Sammy and his cars no longer had his attention. He ran over to me and I scooped him up in my arms.

"Hi buddy..." I said. He laid his head on my shoulder, and I softly rubbed his back.

"Is my bubs tired?" I asked. Bubs? It must've been something I called him.

"Look at you remembering his nick name you gave him." Nat said. I smile and sat next to Sammy on the floor. I continued to rub North's back, and he drifted off into a slumber. Sammy smiled at us and carefully took him from me, and laid him on the sofa.

"Good to see nothing has changed there.." he said sitting next to me. I nodded and began playing with my nails.

"So, I have a lot of questions.. about us I guess." I started.

"Ask away." He said. I raised an eyebrow and sat back.

"Let's go to the yard." I said. We both stood up, and made our way to the back. I climbed onto the trampoline and sat in the center, Sammy mimicked me and I looked up at the stars.

"How did we meet." I asked.

"Well... you just moved to LA... you guys live in the same apartment complex as Nate and I... so one day he came to me like 'Bro my best friends are moving in, can you help us with the boxes.' I of course asked if you guys were girls or guys and he said girls, twins actually. So I agreed. He said he had a thing for Nat, and that you were freshly single. I didn't know he meant it as a hint at the time. So you guys came that day, and Nat knocked on the door. I could tell by the way his eyes lit up when he saw her, she was Nat. He asked where you were, and she said you were arguing with the front desk guy for a trolley to bring some stuff up. Two seconds later, your feisty ass walked up.. I remember when I first saw you. You were... so little. You literally walked up and told skate the guy was a dick. I was dead. Then I observed you. You had your hair natural, just like now. You were wearing a pair of leggings. God bless that because lord.. that ass." He said laughing. I rolled my eyes and he continued.

"You took your shades off, and I saw your complete face. I saw your little nose stud.. then I realized in that moment, how much I loved brown eyes, and that yours were my favorite. Then of course you noticed me staring and motioned towards me. You literally said 'who's the cutie who's staring'. Skate introduced us, and you flashed that smile. My favorite smile. And yeah.. we helped you guys move in, and that whole day you were determined to be settled in so you assigned rooms. You of course made us build furniture and stuff. That night, after we showered and stuff, you called our apartment and I answered. You invited us up for movies and Chinese food. It was the start to.. well this" he said. His eyes twinkled the entire time.

"Why did you want me and not Nat." I asked. Nat and I were identical twins. But guys usually went for her because she had the light brown eyes thing going for her.

"Have you seen yourself?" He asked. I blushed and he smiled.

"Yeah Nat is pretty but... you're you.. in my eyes... you're beyond perfect." He said. I cleared my throats and looked back up at the sky.

"Do you know... When I fell for you?" I asked shyly.

"I.. have an idea.. it was about 4 months after us meeting. We were together constantly... and I noticed little things. You were more shy.. smiled when I talked to you. I would catch you sneaking little glances of me... I was honestly doing the same thing.. it was only a matter of time before we'd get together.." he said.

"When did.. you realize you were in love with me?" I asked. He was now no longer looking at the sky, but at me. I met his gaze and he stood silent for a moment.

"From the moment I saw you Nic.." he said. My eyes watered up instantly. I wanted so deeply to remember. I wanted so deeply to be normal again. Sammy moved closer to me, and carefully took my face in his hands. He was going to kiss me. I knew it. Our noses were touching, and I could feel his cool breath against my lips. His lips softly brushed mine. It was barely a touch, but for some reason I wanted more. My heart was pounding. Pounding insanely hard I could hear it in my ears. Right before our lips could meet, I heard Nat's voice from the door.

"Guys dinner!" She yelled. I pulled back and looked at Sammy.

"I think that's enough questions for tonight.." he whispered.

"I think you're right.." I said. He helped me up, and we joined my family inside.

-------------
So cute right. Remember to vote and comment! Thank you guys for reading!
-Xhalegilinsky