broken.

Every single thing hurt. I couldn't even open my eyes. Everything around me was dark. I could hear the voices around me, familiar voices. I finally mustered up enough energy to try and open my eyes. I was in a hospital room.  IV's were in my arms, and I was in a hospital gown.

"What's going on.." I whispered. My twin sister Natalie looked over at me, her hazel eyes glossed over.

"Oh my god.. Nic.." she whispered. My best friend, Skate ran out of the room for some reason and she made her way over to me.

"You're awake.." she whispered smoothing over my hair.

"What's going on.. where am I?" I asked.

"You were in an accident..  Another car hit you and Sammy.. you've been in a coma for a month.." she said. I gave her a confused look, and fear crept on to her face.

"Who the fuck is Sammy..." I said, as Skate stood in the door way with an unfamiliar boy.

"What did she just say?" he asked. I looked over at my sister, worry filled her face.

"Nic.. Sammy, your boyfriend?" She said. I Just stared at her and then my eyes made their way to Skate, who was standing with the blonde boy.

"Sam... breathe..." he whispered. He looked over at Skate, and moved his arm away from him, making his way over to me.

"Nic.. baby its me.. It's Sammy..." He said, tears forming in his eyes.

"Tell me you remember..." he whispered. I stared at him.  I felt beyond guilty, I couldn't tell him what he wanted to hear, because I couldn't remember anything. I couldn't remember who he was. I didn't even remember us being together.

"I... i can't.." I said, tears forming in my eyes.

"I'm sorry.."  I whispered. My emotions took over and my tears began to fall. He took me in his arms and I pushed back.

"Nic... it's me.." he said. I furrowed my brows together.

"I don't know who you are. Where's the doctor" I said. As if on command, the doctor walked in and examined me, everyone watched as he examined me. After countless scans, and tests, I was brought back to my room and everyone stared at the doctor as he looked at us.

"She's fine.. nothing broken, everything seems okay." He said.

"Everything seems fine? She doesn't even remember who I am!" Sammy said. The doctor held his hand up and placed a scan onto the wall light.

"What Nicole is suffering from, is called Post-Traumatic Amnesia. The form she has is retrograde amnesia, since there was damage to the frontal lobe, that may be the reason she doesn't remember you. How long have you two known each other?" He asked.

"Two years... dating for a year now." Sammy replied. The doctor nodded.

"Right. That may be why..  PTA is either short term, or long term which can be a few months... but it's never permanent. With the help of all you guys, she can probably gain memory back sooner rather than later.." he said. Everyone looked at each other, then back at the doctor.

"So.. help her. Bring up old memories.. stuff like that.. we're gonna keep her over night, just to evaluate her." He said, then he turned to me.

"It's great to have you back Nicole.." he said before walking out. Skate shut the door, and faced me.

"Well.. I guess to start it off..." He said, slowly reaching for Natalie's hand. My eyes slowly widened.

"Shut up!" I yelled. They both started laughing and she nodded.

"We're going on two years together." She said.

"Who grew the balls?" I asked. They had liked each other forever, and if I wasn't hearing about Nate from my twin sister, I was hearing about my twin sister from Nate.

"Oh you know I did." He said. She scoffed and hit his arm.

"He's bullshitting.. you got annoyed and told them both to meet you for dinner at Apple bees... you hid, and then they both showed up, and realized what you did. Been together since. " Sammy said.  I looked over at them smiling, and Skate was looking at my sister, admiring her.

"You're welcome." I said matter-a-factly. They both started laughing and Nate shook his head.

"Same old Nic.." he said. I smiled and made myself comfortable. Nat handed over my phone, and Sammy showed me how to unlock it. It was the iPhone 7 plus. Last phone I remember having was the 5s. I clicked my home button with my nail, but it wasn't really a button. My lock screen was a picture of Sammy. It was black and white, and he was looking at the camera, arms behind his head.

"Your passcode is our date." He said. I looked up at him, a quizzical look on my face.

"Right... 1-1-16." He said. I looked up at him with a smirk on my face.

"Oh we were THAT couple." I laughed. He smiled and nodded.

"We were." He said smiling at me. While he was smiling, I could see the sadness in his eyes.

"Oh tell her about the time she...." is what I heard for about another hour before the nurse knocked on the door to my room.

"I know you guys love catching up... but it's that time.." she said with a sad smile. Skate came over and ruffled my hair, and Nat pulled me close and we shared a little moment for a second.

"I'm so glad you're alive... I couldn't lose you too.." she whispered. She was referring to our mom. She had died from a plane crash when we were 15, leaving us with our dad. We took it extremely hard, because our mom was our other best friend. She was only 31, and we were 15. So you do the math. People often mistook us for triplets. We trusted her with everything. And with a snap of our fingers, she was gone.

"Can't get rid of me that easily.." I whispered. She stepped back and we wiped each other's tears.

"Love chewwwww" we said at the same time. Our own insider. We both started laughing and she and skate slowly left the room. Leaving me with Sammy. He began tidying up the room, and I slowly laid back down. Exhaustion slowly coming over me, but I was trying to stay awake. I was fascinated with the blonde boy before me.

"Go to sleep love.." he whispered. I blushed slightly, because it meant he caught me staring and he lightly kissed my hand.

"I promise I'll be here when you wake up." He said. For some reason, it comforted me.

"Right.." I whispered. I laid my head down, and before I knew it I was fast asleep.

----------------
New story guys! I hope you guys enjoy this one. Please remember to vote, and comment! Thanks for keeping up with me babes.
-xhalegilinsky