1.5

A/N Sorry this is sort of short it's just a filler before the proper plot begins again. Sorry if this is all going a bit quickly.

Two weeks had passed and Elena sat under the moonlight, watching as her fur shone gently under the night sky. She was glad to be in peace. Klaus had kept her around like a dog, not only to watch over her but not having the tolerance to deal with a headache they still gained when they reached further and further from each other.

Klaus had let Elena had peace, for six days now, staying within proximity to keep them both comfortable but stayed out of sight to at least give her a sense of peace and security.

The night wasn't providing much warmth but she made do as she curled into a ball suddenly wishing she had taken the offer to sleep on a bed despite being in wolf form. At least then a blanket would be available and she wouldn't be shivering.

Klaus could see her condition, he wanted to desperately to go over there and warm her up but knew that she needed this peace to think things over, despite being almost freezing over. She was a wolf, her fur would keep her as warm as she would need to be but something about seeing her white fur covered in microscopic icicles made him disgrace his previous decision and approach her.

'Need warmth?' He sneered to cover his own conflicting feelings. He really did care about Elena and couldn't bear seeing her in this state nor could he bear the look of despair when he approached her.

'I thought you were going to leave me alone for a bit.' She sighed, making her way onto her feet despite her legs being weak with the cold.

'I was, love, but you're too cold to be left outside. I know you said no but come to the mansion, you can sleep on my bed, I have no use for it anymore.' Elena nodded, she wasn't in the mood to argue nor was she in the mood to talk.

Klaus led the way, in wolf form, towards the house where it seemed nobody was home. Elijah was out with one of his 'contacts', dragging Freya along with him and Rebekah was still on her failing witch hunt. Klaus hated relying on his siblings but he was too caught up in caring for Elena to talk to his contacts about this mysterious witch that seemed to have cursed Elena.

They reached the house, still stuck in their own reveries as if they were both stuck in a dream. Mindlessly, Elena followed Klaus to his room, examining the room for the first time since she had been mated to Klaus. She had been inside before but never had she studied the details.

The walls were a dark shade of grey, not stark enough to be black but just dark enough to give the room an almost eery feel. The floor was wooden and plain, only decorate by a simple grey rug in the centre of the room. A window covered half of the back wall, red curtains draped around it and the bed next to it seemed to match the colour scheme of red, black and grey.

Klaus, going into the ensuite, turned into his human form and changed before coming out again. Elena envied him for the ability to turn, she was sick of being a wolf, losing control in many of her actions. She had blacked out multiple times in the last day and she was counting the days for when Rebekah finally reversed the curse.

Klaus sat on the bed, patting next to him as if ordering her to come.

'I can't hear you now that I'm out of wolf form so I'm sorry if you have any complaints, love, but you're just going to have to bear with me.' Elena nodded, her head bowing in defeat. Klaus took it as an invitation to begin to stroke her. Her tail began to fling back and forth as he lulled her into a deep sleep.

Klaus leant back against the headrest and moved to the other side of the king sized bed giving Elena space and also enough for himself to stretch his legs. It had been a while since he had been in human form and he wanted to enjoy it whilst he could.

He felt sleep take over him but he let his mind wander before he fell into a state of unconsciousness. Yet, it seemed the only thought on his mind was Elena. So, he let himself think of her even if just a little bit. He felt a smile on his face and a small feeling of content build up inside of him.

He soon fell asleep too, unaware of what was going to happen in the morning.

-

'Klaus!' A voice rang out, Rebekah. Klaus groaned but looked up and scanned his room. His vision was blurred but he still landed upon something. There wasn't a wolf on his bed anymore, there was a human. Sighing, he covered human Elena in a cocoon of blankets hoping that being naked in his bed would be a little less awkward if she was covered.

'Come in.' Klaus groaned as he heard the approaching footsteps. Rebekah flung the door open and pointed towards Elena, 'ta-da!' Klaus groaned.

'You seem pleased, what the hell did you do?' Klaus hissed, his eyes narrow in suspicion but his voice not raising an inch as he was wary of Elena waking up despite the racket Rebekah had already made.

'I killed the witch!' She squealed, seemingly delighted at her accomplishment.

'You idiot!' Klaus hissed. 'You don't kill a witch unless you are ready for a whole coven to come after you!' Klaus was raging now, though his voice still came out as quiet and menacing.

'You told me to break the curse no matter what!' She hissed back, catching on that they were not to wake Elena. Klaus groaned and leant back onto the pillow.

'It seems we have even more witches to kill.'

word count: 1006

published: 12.02.17