3.0

Elena-

I stood still, not daring to move, fearing Klaus' rage. I knew it would not be long before Klaus regained his senses and saw me quivering at the side of the room. He had only managed to notice his long lost sister after his small speech, though, and I was holding out hope that he would not notice me. I was wrong.

For the moment, though, he simply had his head in his hands, almost shaking in rage. He brought his head up to meet his brother's gaze, showing off his newly glowing, amber eyes. 'It seems that the witches bloody failed to mention that not only werewolves have mates.' He growled, standing from his seat.

He kicked the rather large, wooden coffee table in my direction, it only missing by mere inches. The wood smashed, splinters lining the area beside me. I flinched but didn't dare move, it would only cause me to be detected- though there was no way I was escaping this.

My breathing was becoming more ragged by the second and my senses were at a high. 'Are you trying to say Elena is your mate?' Elijah stuttered, shocked, his calm facade shattering underneath everyone's gaze.

'The symptoms are all there.' Klaus growled as I fell to the ground, a sickening crunch reverberating around the room. Was I his mate? I wasn't a werewolf, though, I was a vampire, even if a newly turned one...it was impossible. But, everything about me was impossible. I was the doppelganger afterall.

I screamed as the splinters dug into my knees and although I healed quickly, the splinters were still stuck in my legs. I ripped the small pieces out of my leg, ignoring the three originals who were now staring at me speechless.

I clumsily got to my feet. 'I will not love a monster.' I spat. Klaus only returned a look of shock. He agreed, I could see that much. 

'As I will not love a weakling.' He growled in reply, finally coming to his senses, his eyes glowing stronger than before. We approached each other carefully, ready to fight if need be. He bared his teeth and I returned the favour.

He went to put his hand in my chest, he seemed to have made his decision. He would rather kill me than have a mate. His hand collided in my chest but then the unimaginable happened. Rather than the pain of his palm ripping through my chest, I felt nothing. Klaus, on the other hand, felt it all.

Klaus was flung back into the same place that the table was shattered before, collapsing into the pile of sharp and small wooden pieces. 'Amazing.' Elijah breathed, immediately cut out from a loud growl from where Klaus was now sitting. Klaus was completely animalistic now, practically in his wolf form, only staying in his human form for control over his mind.

Klaus ran for me again, which I dodged, expecting the hit. But, once again, I was not fast enough. Klaus was strong, incredibly strong, and I would never beat him on hand to hand combat. 

He grasped at my neck, holding it under his strong clutch. He was ready to snap it but I wasn't phased. He couldn't. Not he wouldn't, he couldn't. 'I do not, nor will ever, have a mate.' He spat, his grip crushing my throat. But, I felt nothing- it seemed that it was causing him more pain than anything.

I closed my eyes, preparing for the worst, but when I opened them again, I saw Klaus crumpled before me. Elijah and Rebekah spectated the whole situation in shock, unable to move. But, Elijah was the first to speak up. 'It's the rebound effect. I have only ever seen it happen between an alpha and his mate.' He stated, his eyes searching for an explanation in this whole situation.

'An alpha? Klaus does not yet have a pack.' I trembled, looking timidly at Klaus who had now caught his breath but had figured that there was no use in attacking me again- it would only cause him pain.