5.0

A/N The [] are just a note to myself about editing. Sorry if some bits are even worse than others, I'm editing but some of the edited bits are worse than the original and it's all going a bit wrong. Excuse me.

Elena-

We headed back to the Mikealson Mansion by car, Klaus', with only so much as a grumble of 'I'm driving' from Klaus and no more. Silence had fallen and a thick tension hung in the humid air. Klaus slammed the door shut, venting out his anger, and pulled out of the Salvatore Boarding House's driveway before speeding down the streets of Mystic Falls. As the wind passed by, we both contemplated our new, supposedly miserable, lives. There was no chance of either of us accepting our mate bond or any of the consequences. No matter how much I wanted to use my newly found power over him, I couldn't find it in me to be cruel even to the cruelest of creatures.

I wanted to ignore the yearning I felt- and this time, not to kill him. I hoped for the mating bond to be the founder of our new feelings but a mating bond doesn't come from nowhere, it wasn't long until I learnt that.

I felt claustrophobic as the journey went on and Klaus' presence began to fill the air with a putrid aura. My breathing soon became ragged as the air pushed me inwards; I felt as if I was caving in on myself. Klaus' head shot to the side, scanning me over once and then again. His eyes glanced to the road but it was empty and soon his full attention was on me. He looked at me with curious, wide eyes- a look I had never seen on him- and he put a gentle, reassuring hand on my shoulder, scanning me once more.

As soon as his hand had made contact with my shoulder a surreal sensation took over my body and my body relaxed. For the first time in a while, I just relaxed. Klaus wasn't much different. He looked dazed, happy even. A single touch had sent us both to the land of the fairies, one where we only had each other.

He brought his hand away and as if someone had awoken me from a dream, I felt sick at the prospect of the dream. But, it wasn't a dream. That was reality. Klaus had just saved me from a panic attack, from my claustrophobia, with a single touch. As if magic, my hand landed on his- which was wrapped around the gear stick- and I had no intentions of taking it away. The prospect disgusted me yet the sensation was all too drug-like for me to pass up on. Every touch was like a new high and I wouldn't let the opportunity pass, it may have never happened again.

The next time I pulled away, the sickness was worse than the last. That was the moment that I realised that raging illness in my stomach was not a measure of disgust- it was real. Something was wrong and I couldn't understand why Klaus had stopped it. Something was wrong, terribly wrong.

'Something's wrong.' I breathed, heaving as I did. I rolled down the car window as fast as I could and hung my head out, ready to hurl as I did. I tried to grab Klaus' hand again but it was out of reach, his fists now clenched around the steering wheel as he speeded back.

'I can see that, love. I'm going as fast as I can in this damn machine.' He spat, more so at the vehicle than me. 'Damn this car.' He pulled over and flung himself out of the car and around to my side, almost ripping the door from its hinges and pulling me into his arms. 'If you are sick on me...' the warning didn't have to be finished for me to know what would happen. And with that, he ran.

Within a minute, I was sprawled across the couch in the parlour, his hand now clasped around mine. I breathed lightly, still feeling faint at the severe migraine I had just suffered. My fists were white as I clenched his hand like it was my lifeline- it almost was. 'It's happening.' Klaus whispered timidly as Elijah entered the room. They knew something I didn't and my interest had peaked.

'It's not supposed to be for another month, Niklaus. This is not possible.' Elijah stated, seemingly confident in his answer. 

'A hyrbid's season must be different. These symptoms are common with the women.' He motioned to me and I looked between the two, frantically searching for answers. Klaus' eyes landed on me and he looked down at me fearfully.