1.1

'Elena. Let's go.' Klaus held out his hand, nodding at Caroline in thanks and glaring at Tyler as Elena wrapped her hand around his. 'We need to prepare for tomorrow.' He smiled as he whispered into his ear. He motioned to the door and Elena led first, dragging Klaus behind by his hand. 'Goodnight everyone!' She smiled an agonisingly fake smile. She received a glum goodbye from Caroline and Tyler and just as they reached the door Caroline called out. 'Is there a room I could stay in?' Both froze at the door. Caroline knew of their mating but she didn't know just how much Elena would have to go through for her transformation.

'Of course. But, tomorrow...we need to talk.' Elena rushed inside as Klaus called out where Caroline should go from behind. Klaus was fighting her off but Elena's new powers gave her the ability to grasp his wrist with a strength stronger than any vampire. Klaus quietly growled but let Elena drag him along like a pet, knowing he couldn't truly fight her.

Finally, Elena strode into the parlour, now clutching a tempered Klaus. His eyes blazed orange once again as Stefan stood alone, waiting for the pair to return. Damon, per request, was gone and had been followed by Bonnie; it wasn't hidden, the pair had some connection, small or large.

'Stefan, what are you still doing here.' Elena recoiled, scared that he hadn't run. Forgetting their past, she still loved him: even if she wasn't in love with him.

'I came to apologise and also...tell you...although I may not like this, you deserve to be happy. That's what I've always wanted for you. Damon will not apologise, nor does he feel sorry but I would still like to apologise on his behalf.' Stefan could hardly breathe, he had said it all so quickly. Only pausing slightly at points to collect his thoughts.

Klaus' eyes had returned to their usual pale blue and Elena took one step forward, releasing Klaus' still tended arm and ran to Stefan like her life depended upon it. 'Thank you!' She screamed, quietly, into his ear. She squeezed him hard before finally returning to Klaus who had, although he denied it, a jealous twinge to his eyes. 'I really am thankful; it means a lot.' She beamed at him and grasped Klaus' hand. Her joy overcoming fear, although, she no longer feared Klaus. Not for her protection from him but for the care he shows to his family.

She could in no way excuse his constant excuses as he daggered them one by one yet somehow in his own psychotic mind, it was all for his family- always and forever.

Elena missed that, family. They were all dead or gone and yet with Klaus, she felt just a glimmer of hope- no matter how small. 'We need to prepare for tonight.' Klaus interrupted. 'Goodbye, Stefan.' He stated, little emotion appearing on his face for his old friend, before walking away. Elena looked over at him, wanting to join him but Stefan came up next to her- a curious look on his face. 'Prepare?' He asked, an eyebrow raised.

Elena looked over to Klaus as if asking permission. 'Tell him all you want, Elena. Caroline and him could come to some use.' Klaus announced as Stefan furrowed his brows, eliminating all possibilities; although, what she was about to tell him was never a possibility, until now.

'Um...Klaus and I...isn't the only thing.' She murmured, ashamed. Stefan's eyes lit up as he took a step towards Elena.

'I know that look, Elena. Just tell me what's wrong.' He smiled at her reassuringly. Elena leant into his touch, much to Klaus' dismay who was fuming in the corner but careful not to interrupt them- Stefan could come in useful. She sighed before looking up at him, his eyes challenging her to speak.

'My doppelganger blood meant that when...when I turned, the magic inside me acted up and turned me into...into a hybrid.' She breathed out, her words hurried. Stefan seemed shocked but didn't back away.

'How come you never showed any characteristics? How didn't we know.' Stefan had gone back into a cycle of self-hatred not believing that he could have missed something out that was so crucial.

'I think it was the ritual that affected me as you can see, Katherine isn't exactly running around in wolf form.' She laughed nervously, trying to reassure herself.

'Have you turned?' Stefan chocked out, his own self-loathing evident in his voice. She shook her head nervously and Klaus found it was time her finally interrupted.

'It's tomorrow night, her first full moon.' Stefan looked up confused.

'Shouldn't her first turning have been months ago?' He asked, fearing his answer. Klaus sighed, walking towards the pair of them.

'Due to unfortunate consequences, Elena was put in a magical coma for three months- per her request.' Stefan looked shocked, how could he not know of this!

'It wasn't your fault, Stefan.' Elena spoke up. 'You should know by now, luck just doesn't seem to fall on my side.' She smiled nervously before continuing. 'And...we would love your help.' She smiled, grasping Klaus' hand for comfort. Stefan looked nervously between them before smiling gently. 'Of course I'd help you. You know that.' Elena let go of Klaus' hand for only a second and engulfed Stefan in a fierce hug before returning to her new found mate. 'Thank you. Thank you so much.'

A/N Sorry for the shorter update, it's just been so long. Hope you enjoyed! Though, I have just looked back to find some of the chapters only 750 words, sorry for that.

word count: 928