4.0

Elena-

Taking a deep breath and readying myself for the headache, I left the manor in attempts to free myself from Klaus. I felt suffocated near him and for now, the pain was bearable. I headed for the only place in Mystic Falls that could distract me from not only the headache but my situation too: the Grill.

From the Mikealson Mansion, it was not long before I found myself standing in front the bar. It had been a short trek and my vampire muscles meant that I had no aches or pains, another positive to add to the list.

Before I knew it, I was inside and calling Matt to pour me a shot. He left for a mere minute before timidly placed my drink in front of me. I hadn't realised just how intimidating the expression I held was until I saw Matt back away as I swiped the glass from his hand. 

He watched me, now confused, as I poured the contents of the glass down my throat- wallowing in the burning sensation of the unknown liquid. I sent him the Mikaelson's signature smirk, calling for more and only once he had scurried away had I realised my mistake.

Problems swirled around me like a hurricane. I had gained Katherine's arrogant attitude and Klaus', the man I hated, smirk. In the mere hours since I had left my home, I had changed drastically. I wasn't feeling myself anymore. What had happened to the oh so innocent Elena? I know, she had managed to be mated with the winner of the Most Arrogant Man of the Year contest. Great.

I took another swig of my new drink, some sort of bluish liquid in an unfortunately small cup, trying to dull the now raging headache. I held my head in my hands, praying for it to dissipate- it never answered my requests.

It only led to me ordering more drinks, getting stuck in a repetitive cycle until I wasn't just tipsy but completely and utterly intoxicated. I stood up from my stool when Matt finally asked me, still rather timidly, to leave. Before I could make it, though, my legs fell from beneath me and I plummeted towards the ground. Although, before I could hit the hardwood, a pair of strong arms brought me back up.

'Stefan.' I giggled, my words unrecognisable behind the mask of my slur.

'Elena!' He breathed. 'We need to get you home now! It's dangerous out, Klaus is still in town.' I giggled quietly at the irony of the situation although, my mind was still trying to catch up with time. 'Also, in your state, you shouldn't be out. Klaus will take advantage of you. You betrayed him; we're on his hit list.' He hissed, staring me down, his look as harsh as a knife. 

He began to drag me to the car when I pulled my arm away, stumbling around slightly as the mix of alcohol and the repetitive beat I was hearing due to the headache caused my mind to find itself lost in limbo. 'I don't think he minds.' I slurred. 'I mean, he practically forgave me when I talked to him. I only died and turned into a vampire after he killed my aunt so he couldn't make any more hybrids, no biggy.' I laughed at my sardonic joke but it seemed Stefan was less than impressed.

He pushed me into the car, buckling me in like a child, before speeding into the driver's seat and hitting the gas peddle, speeding towards the Salvatore Boarding House. It was pure luck, really, that I didn't blurt out my problems. In my drunk state, it would have been easy to spill it all out and have the whole town on my case. It was only the fact that I had fallen asleep in the car that had saved me, really.

-

I woke up in Stefan's bedroom, groaning as the sun beat at me through the curtains as they were pulled roughly apart by Damon who had a rather sadistic smirk plastered on his face. 'Go away, Damon.' I groaned, clutching my head as my conscious noticed the pounding headache, not only caused by the original problem itself but the raging hangover I was suffering under too.