7.0

*Klaus*- IN EDITING

Klaus woke up, the room just as he left it. Elena still lay on the bed, lifeless. Klaus wished for her to move but knew it was beyond his power for her to do so. He just wanted to know that she was there. In reality, she really wasn't. She was just an empty shell waiting to be woken up again and the prospect struck fear into the immortal being.

After that morning, he spent every night sleeping in the room she lay. Spending each day, caring for her, barely leaving her albeit that his siblings told him his attempts at praying would be feeble and even if a god did exist, they would not answer a man such as him. Rebekah had even once dragged him from the room to find her efforts futile; he had found her way back to Elena's side in a moment.

Until the day that he deemed it fit to leave her. He was rational in his decisions and with the amount of time he had been given to ponder over his thoughts, he knew it was best to leave her and continue with his immortal life.

That day had been the day before her return. It had taken him twenty-nine days to leave her side, only to have her back the next day. His cowardliness was his weakness but he ignored the growing pit in his stomach and continued to plan the festivities of her return.

To say he was struggling to plan this party was an understatement. Klaus, if anyone, could throw a grand ball and invite the world but inviting Elena's friends, who had tried to kill him on multiple occasions for even being near Elena, seemed to be a stretch. But, they were the only ones he could invite.

If he were to invite them, even if it were for Elena, he had a strong feeling they would deny his offer or, at least, try to shoot him down as they came. So, he got Rebekah on his case. Rebekah's strong suit was manipulating them all to appear. She had a perfected persuasive technique and past relationships that weren't too insatiable to rekindle.

She had managed to gain RSVPs from many of them; Damon; a rather reluctant Stefan; an-all-too-eager-to-see-Klaus Caroline; an extremely reluctant, hard to find, Tyler and Bonnie. The people who were coming were the ones left alive and Klaus was proud of Rebekah's handiwork, seeing as she had done it all in a single night.

Elijah and Hayley would be coming along but would most likely stay out of the way, letting the friends reunite. Klaus could only assume Hayley was coming for Elijah. It wasn't as if the baby she had miscarried brought her and Klaus any closer. She still blamed him and he did too but he tended not to wallow in it. It was Elijah who wanted that child, not him. He wasn't ready to be a father nor did he think he ever would be.

Everything was set apart from the girl herself. She had a day until she awoke yet there was no evidence that she would. They had hope and chance in their minds but no one could know whether it was on their side. 

Klaus, with his common paranoid tendencies, believed that the comatose could be permanent and despite his siblings insisting that it was not, he couldn't find it within himself to believe them. The doers of the ritual had said it was harmless; Klaus didn't trust them.

He feared for her life. He feared all for a damned girl. He couldn't help it. [] He sighed, he almost felt embarrassed. The immortal hybrid was afraid for a young vampire girl. But, this young vampire was also kind, caring and bold. She didn't fear standing up for what she believes him, not unlike himself.

He finally brought himself out of bed and dragged himself to the shower. He didn't take long and was back by Elena's side in minutes. He lay next to her, his wet hair dripping onto her peaceful face. 'Please wake up.' He whispered into her ear, pleading for her to gasp and fling open her eyes: just like in the movies.

When she didn't, he wasn't exactly surprised. He rolled onto his back in defeat and watched Elena snore quietly. He laughed, he didn't much care that she did. At first, he had to admit it was pretty- very -annoying but now he had grown fond of it and felt solace in hearing each breath.

He was close to fall into a deep sleep when the door flung open, hitting the wall. Rebekah stormed in looking like hell; her hair was disheveled and her skin was too pale. 'We have a problem.' She told him, looking over at Elena with sad eyes.

'We always have a problem, Rebekah.' Klaus replied, knowing this could be another of his sisters antics.

'No this is a big problem. It's to do with Elena.' That caught his attention.

'Elena, what's wrong?' He panicked as Rebekah leant against the wall, looking exhausted.

'A curse has been put on her. Her wolf and human form have swapped roles and she now will only be a human, or hybrid I guess, on a full moon.' She broke the news to Klaus and he was more than devastated.

'She wakes up on the full moon. She only has one more day. This spell was SUPPOSED TO HELP HER!' He screamed, throwing the bedside table at Rebekah. She barely missed it but was mad- extremely mad.

'Don't kill the messenger, Nik! It's your bloody fault anyway!' She screeched. Klaus recoiled but immediately regained his posture, how could it be his fault? He had done nothing...but he always had done something. His enemy count was in the thousands and no matter dead or alive, they would be after him and everyone he cared about -including Elena- and no matter how many times denied it, it was always his fault.

'My fault?' He asked, hanging his head low, ashamed. He knew this wasn't going to be pretty, he could feel his temper break the seams as Rebekah's face turned to a frown.

'It doesn't matter, Nik.' She muttered, avoiding the subject, failing miserably.

'Tell me!' He growled and struck fear into his younger sister.

'The- the witch. Apparently, you went out with her in the twenties? She hasn't really forgiven you for the whole ditch and run thing.' Rebekah mumbled but failed to avoid Klaus' supernatural hearing, wolf and vampire.

'She hurt Elena.' He paused, thinking over his strategy. It wasn't long before a sly smirk crossed his face and he looked up at Rebekah no longer angry at her. 'We have a witch to kill before tomorrow.'

word count: 793