6.0

A/N The stars mean it's based around the character but not in their point of view.

*Klaus* -

He woke up the next morning, an emptiness burning inside him. The initial pain had resided but simply thinking of the girl in the coma one room over felt like shackles nailing him to the wall. He missed her and the experience felt so foreign to him, so new. He hadn't felt such pain for centuries and there was no doubt that this mating bond had altered my mindset. He hated it for it.

He hated the weakness he felt in this situation. Life was slipping through his fingers, taunting him. He had lost control. He never lost control. She had made him weak, it wasn't the magic, it was her. He blamed her yet he couldn't find it in himself to try and hurt her. He couldn't do it himself nor did he have the strength to send someone else to do the dirty work. He felt something with her. He hadn't felt anything in a long time.

This protective nature was dragging him into the past, to his former self. He was revealing his true nature again. He hadn't always been cruel. He had once been a boy who cried not a man who struck fear into even the strongest of men. He had changed and somehow, he was changing back.

The alpha protected his pack and it seemed that Elena was now included in that and he didn't mind. In fact, he loved the inner wolf. He loved being the leader of the pack. He loved the freedom of his wolf. His wolf was the only freedom he had.

He brought himself out of bed, not caring to change before trudging to Elena's room, peering in. She was still asleep, of course she was, and the room was empty. He took a gentle step inside before gracefully moving around the room, examining the room for any danger. It was his house, though, of course, there was nothing.

He looked down at Elena, cupping her cheek gently, rubbing circles with his thumb- smiling numbly. He leant down and pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead but standing up and silently making his way out. Staying would only drag him deeper.

He glanced back one more time and his face fell, he felt as if he was leaving her unprotected but he couldn't sit by her side all day so he shut the door and pretended that the girl would wake up. 

He paused at the staircase, looking down on what was left of his family who was now waiting for his return. He couldn't help but feel timid to speak to them. He exerted the utmost power even to his siblings and he couldn't bear to see their pitying looks as he dragged himself down the stairs.

Rebekah was the first to notice him, making a statement by collapsing into his arms, crushing him. 'You're the worst brother in the world but I'm glad that you seem okay.' He nodded gently, his eyes hooded and tired. Rebekah pulled away before she brought her brother down any more, letting the last of the small trio say his few words. 

'I will be gone only for a few days. For that time, remain passive, brother. I cannot see another town butchered.' Klaus nodded solemnly and made no comment to his rather abrasive comment. Klaus was clearly an irascible man but that did not mean he enjoyed his brother's many rather long lectures on the topic.

Elijah held out his hand, letting Klaus taking it, shaking it firmly. That was all they needed as a goodbye. The were immortals, there was no need for teary goodbyes. Rebekah, though, seemed to believe differently as she ran to him, embracing him strongly. 'No matter how many times I saw this, I'm always going to. I'll miss you.' She whispered, burying her face into his chest. Klaus sighed and went to leave the room when he was stopped by Elijah's final words. 

'I'm not leaving for long so you two stay put and there better be no commotion when I return.' Klaus sneered at his brother's obedient nature but once again, withheld a comment and watched him, with folded arms, as he left the mansion. It was only the two of them now. The two of them and a sleeping girl. Life had become to complicated.

'I'm going to miss him. Having him around is the only thing saving me from tearing out your throat.' There was the usual head-strong Rebekah. Klaus' lips quirked to the lines but stayed silent. He hadn't said a lot today and somehow, he couldn't find it within himself to try. He needed time to contemplate things and silence seemed like the best way to do so.

Klaus left without any to imply he would, leaving Rebekah alone to give him disdainful looks. He didn't care that it had been only a few minutes since he had seen the other girl of the house, he felt obliged to visit her again. However times he denied it, he was drawn to this girl. She was his mate after all and it was inescapable. Sooner or later he would have to given in if he hadn't already. Staring at the comatose girl, he couldn't be so sure. He had kissed her, hadn't he? He couldn't be sure why.

He sat on the edge of the bed, glancing at her more than twice a minute to check if she was in good health. Of course she was, thirty seconds did nothing to a hybrid's body. But, he kept checking anyway and allowed himself to lose himself within his own head, exploring each and every nook and cranny that had never been thought over before. He was becoming more self-aware and he was increasingly aware of the guilty he had been locking away.

He shook his head abruptly. He had no room for guilt and staring at the gaunt looking girl was not helping him. So, he stood up from the bed, pacing once or twice before fleeing from the room and into the corridor outside. He clutched his head, trying to figure out his bundle of thoughts but only finding knots. Hardly clenched knots that had no hope of freedom.

He forced himself back at the room and found the sight of the girl calm him. Whatever he felt, she seemed to be able to reverse it and the thought sent him both mad and ecstatic in one. She looked like a china doll in the light. Her olive skin paled by the white beams of moonlight and her hair as smooth as silk as it was evenly spread across her shoulders.

He brought the covers higher, relishing her beauty as he did so. He felt ashamed that he felt this way but he couldn't force away his feelings. He had learnt long ago that love was love, there was no escaping it. That didn't stop him from trying but at least he accepted it. He ran for his life but he knew what he was running from, he knew the monster lurking behind him.

The door creaked open and he immediately sprung to face the new predator, looking ready to protect her with his life. Rebekah chuckled, entering the room, her heels click-clacking against the floor. 'You really do care about her. I didn't think I'd see the day you would love again.' She smiled gently and placed down the pile of clothes she held in her arms. 'I picked these up for her, nothing knew- it's all what she already owned. I just wanted to put them here...for when she wakes up.' It sounded more like a reassurance than a statement but Klaus took it and whispered an inaudible 'thank you' hoping for Rebekah to scurry out of the room in her impractically tall heels.

He turned back to Elena and waited until he heard the door shut, glad that Rebekah made no more attempts at conversation. It would only end in blood. He checked her over once again and left to the bathroom, pulling on some simple pyjamas before returning. 'I'm sorry this had to happen to you. I should have beared the burden. Thank you, anyway.' He whispered, his voice clear and crisp in the night air.

word count: 1070

edit 1 - 23.03.17 - new word count - 1402

Wolf Call ♔ KlenaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara