Part 27

Next morning 8:30 am

" Nandu... Nandu " Manik called her name when he was getting ready. She lazily hummed pulling the comforter more on her hiding her face too.

" listen I got a call. I have to leave for photo shoot. Will be back soon. You just take care. Bye " Saying he pecked her temple over the comforter and left.

His photoshoot went pretty well. And he returned back around 2 in the afternoon.When He Was Driving Home He Received Call From His Friends For That night party And He Agreed. He thought to inform Nandini about the same and would her ask to join him. He called her but she didn't picked up. He called trice but no response. He became little tensed. And drove back home as fast as he could.

He walked in his bedroom and found her still sleeping crawling around like a kid wrapped up in the comforter to to bottom. A smile crept on his face. Though he smiled but soon his smile turned into frown thinking ' how could she sleep so long? ' as he had never seen her sleeping so long that too like crawling. But then thought might be she was tired and it was a holiday and it was good she was taking rest as he himself loved to sleep like a dog.

He changed himself in his tracks silently and laid down beside her slowly without disturbing her slumber.He then moved closer to her and softly placed his lips on her head. As soon as he touched her he moved back in a jerk.

He just get stunned. He then grabbing enough courage moved towards her and pulled the blanket down of her face. And the next scene really shocked him.

He found Nandini shivering like hell hugging her knees. She Had fever. High fever actually which scared him when he touched him.

Manik firstly found himself full blank. He couldn't figure out what he needed to do. His heart was sinking gradually seeing his star so in a bad situation. He inhaled and exhaled few deep scared breaths and then sat beside her cupping her head.

" Nandu " he softly called her stroking her hairs.When she felt his touch she tried to open her eyes but due to weakness she couldn't.

" Nandu... Nandu " he again called her and that time she with full mental strength stirred her body and placed her head on his lap.

Her body was too warm to Manik's tolerance. She was started shivering more with each passing time.Manik felt helpless for the first time but yet composing himself he quickly increased the AC temperature to room temperature. And then called his personal doctor.

" hello doc. Manik here. "

" I know it. Tell me how are you young man? " doctor asked as he was Malhotra's family doctor from an age. And very loyal with keeping their secrets from media.

" I am fine. Listen come to my studio fast. Need help " he impatiently said and in between he covered her with another warm comforter.

" but now? I have some appointments boy. See you in hour 2 . Okay. " doctor das said.

" I said now. " he shouted loudly which disturbed Nandini .

Manik understood and sat beside her and started stroking her hairs. Then said with a low not so Manik Malhotra voice " Doc. It's urgent. And you're coming right now. Okay thanks bye. "

He hung up the call and then remembered last time when she fainted and he carried her to his home for the first time that day doctor asked him to give her warm milk.

" Milk !!! Yeahh. " he murmured. And then slowly adjusted her head on the pillow whispering " Baby I am just coming. "

" Daby ???!!! did I just call her baby? " he frowned then swiping away all weird thoughts he rushed downstairs.