Part 54

The drizzle of rain broke Manik's slumber and he noticed that it started raining. So before it started pouring heavy, he carefully picked up Nandini and carried her to their room. He placed her on the bed softly. However, that made her awake and she with heavy sleepy eyes saw Manik changing his slightly wet shirt. She then noticed her clothes were wet too. But she was too sleepy to do anything. Manik noticed her irritation and chuckled on her cuteness. 

"Sleep baby, I got this." he said softly stopping her fidgeting with her tank top.

She smiled sleepily and kissed his cheek and then opt to sleep promptly Keeping her head on his right shoulder.

"Pagal" Manik lovingly caressed her hair and then removed her tank top. She was wearing her sports bra, so he made her wear his T shirt that he was going to wear for the night. He then removed her shorts keeping her in her undies and tucked her inside the heavy blanket. Then he changed his wet cloths and settled himself beside her. As soon as she felt his warmth,on her accord, she snuggled close to him and he embraced her on his safe arms.

____

It was already 10:30 am when Nandini woke the next morning and promptly missed the warmth beside her. She welcomed her day as usual saying good morning to Her World's King poster. And there she noticed a pink note by Manik.

Hey baby, morning!!
M out for some work. Will meet U directly in college. Driver will be waiting outside along with the guard. Please don't fight over it. Love,
Your monster!

Her lovesick heart smiled with the note and recalled how this link notes had their Thing now. It started when one day Manik returned from his 4 days NewYork trip late night and was sleeping when Nandini was ready to go to college. She didn't have the heart to wake him up knowing how much tired he was. So she just left a sticky note on on his phone And ironically the note was of pink color. When she had returned home later that afternoon, Manik made fun of her pink note as in this 21st century era, she was still using notes instead of simply leaving a whatsapp msg or SMS.

She was embarrassed first but then shut her monster boyfriend's laugh saying " Haan toh, what's wrong with handwritten notes? This simply indicates my concern and love. This called personal touch with immense love. Would your SMS or WhatsApp have those human emotions or love? No na??? Then????"

Manik was once again left awestruck with his World's Queen and kissed her forehead lovingly. From that day itself instead of virtual msgs they started leaving eachother personal touched notes to express their unique  love.

She was so engrossed in her thoughts that she didn't check the tine and started getting ready. While doing so, She then remembered that she needed to show Manik her song that day and then they need to submit the song in next two days. She knew they can do the recording in their home studio instead of college as that would be preferable for  Manik. She just had to make another excuse to Abhi.

Her heart sank with the thought of Abhi. That poor soul thought that Manik was with some mystery woman in hotel and that would break his best friend's heart and called her to pacify. Wish, he could knew that the mystery woman was actually his BFF he was actually worried about to get heart broken. When the truth would be revealed, that would definitely shatter her BFFs Trust on her. When she read that article about her and Manik, her first instinct was about getting caught by her BFFs. And that scared her to the most. She then and their decided that she would tell them her only secret on her birthday which was next two weeks. She just prayed to have that time so that there would be no blunder.

___
Malhotra mansion,8 am.

"Manik!!!! I would be lying if I say that I didn't expect you here this early today. Quite a scandal you have created last day. Although seeing you coming from your room here, is quite surprising I must say as you have completely stopped coming here.. I wonder why....."
Niyonika spat her sugarcoated venom as soon as she saw Manik emerged from his room in Malhotra Mansion.