Part 59

" I don't understand why do we need another song? We discussed that the last song would be a piano version of the romantic one. That would have beed the surprise element. Manik you already have agreed to that. We are already ready with everything. All that needed the recording. And now in this eleventh hour you're backing off!! That's unbelievable!!"

Exclaimed Roy, their music arranger. He was about in his early 40th and an amazing one at his work. He was working with Manik from the very beginning of M-Lebel, Manik's music company. Together they had worked like magic And gave five massive hit albums In three years.

So, when he got to know about an impromptu addition to the album that too of a student instead of Manik's piano number, the hell broke loose.

" I can't believe this! A student!! We have a student song as our surprise element!!! That's ridiculous!! What are you even thinking Manik??" Roy exclaimed again.

Manik sighed deeply. He was expecting this. Adding a song which technically not entirely his, was a risk. But he would take such risk enormous times if needed to.

" Roy..Roy..Roy!! Come on man!!! Why so working up??? " Manik mocked him in his usual manner and seeing the still serious face of Roy, he continued " Listen man, don't worry. I am telling you this song going to be a hit. And there would also be a piano number. Trust me, I know what I am doing. Trust me."

Seeing the determination on Manik's voice and eyes, Roy thought for a second and then nodded " Okay, as you say. You are the boss after all. Lets go for it. "

Manik smirked happily getting his affirmation and was about to enter his studio office when Roy's words stopped him.

"By the way Manik, I don't understand from when do you have started becoming God Father to new talent? Anything I should know?"

Manik just grinned and replied " Suck it up old man! Well you never know!!"

Mocking him he entered into his office leaving a confused whilst amused Roy.

"What's going on with this Boy? " he murmured to himself seeing that lopsided contented smile on Manik's face.

Aman chuckled on the scene happened infront of him and mentally replied to Roy's confused doubts "Well, the boy has got love, thats what is going on with him."

---------------------

Its been two days the contract signing had been done with less drama possible. Aman was always alerted. Manik was on the edge with happiness for Nandini and Nandini was excited, scared. But Niyonika was restless. She couldn't brush off the feeling of Manik's different behavior that was nagging her. The evil wheels of her head were poking her senses saying that there was something off with him but she couldn't just point that out. Yet!

Sriya was extremely happy for Nandini so she had invited her and Abhi to come at her place in Pune. So that the three besties could celebrate such one in a lifetime opportunity.

So here Nandini was on the verge of pulling her hair out of how to convince Manik to let her go to Pune the next day.

And knowing Manik's possessiveness and overprotectiveness, she knew it was going to be a long night.

So she prepared his favourite Hyderabadi biriyani and cheese cake for dessert. Her first safe step to calm the volcano. When the preparations were all done, she waited with palpitating heart For Manik to return.

--------

"Honey, I am home!"

Inspite of getting crazy with anxiety,  Nandini chuckled at Manik's cute gesture. She paused the TV where 'Friends' episodes were going on.