Chapter 48: Frame This

Song is for the start of the chapter!

After the Tube I didn't stop running until I got into the hospital. I needed some computer and Molly would have one. Besides Sherlock, she knew I was still alive. I ran up the stairs and burst into her room without knocking. "Molly! I need your laptop!" I said to the back side of Molly.

She turned around and smiled friendly at me, except it wasn't Molly. It was someone else who I had never seen before. "Molly is taking a holiday. She'll be gone until next Friday. I can a leave a message though."

I swore under my breath, knowing Molly never took holidays. This had to because of Zane. He was forcing everyone I knew out of my life.  "I'll just drop by on Friday then."  Without waiting for a reply I walked out of the room and left the hospital, knowing that no one was there that could help me.

Sherlock was bound to have a laptop at the flat. I just had to avoid Miss Hudson. I took the tube and got off at Baker Street. I ran down the all too familiar road and stopped at 221. I put my hand on the handle and turned it hoping that it was unlocked. To my disappointment that was not the case. I stood there for a minute, knowing that I had no key to let myself in. I finally decided that it wouldn't be that bad if Miss Hudson knew I was alive. I knocked on the door and waited for a response that didn't come.

I let out a sigh as I looked at the sky that threatened to rain. I got onto my knees as I took out a hair pin from my hair and started to fiddle with the lock until my hair clip snapped. I remembered how Sherlock made a new lock a couple months ago. He said it was the best money could buy.

I shivered, the cold finally getting to me as I sat on the front step, feeling defeated. Did I want to wait until Miss Hudson came around or should I move on? I needed help and since Kale was out of the picture that left John. As much as I wanted to keep him out of this, I knew all along that he was already in as deep as Sherlock and I were.

I stood up from the step and brushed myself off. I just hoped that John was home.  

Within an hour I found myself looking at John's door handle as I thought about what to say to him. 'Sorry I lied about dying, um, can I use your laptop?' Somehow that wouldn't go over well. I was afraid that just like Kale, he would not help me. 

I didn't understand why I was even here. John was just going to be too pissed and hurt to help. With a frown, I turned on my heels and started to walk away but stopped when I realized that I couldn't do this on my own. I never could.  If he turned me away, at least I knew I tried. I turned back to face the door and without thinking more, I knocked.

"Coming!" I heard John's voice from the other side. I felt my heart race in my chest as I heard shuffling on the other side of the door as the door cracked open.

There was a minute of silence as John looked at me as if wondering if I was really here. "Hi John," I mumbled, unsure what else to say. John was clearly pissed, I could see it all over his face. By the way he positioned his shoulders and the way he held his hands I could tell he was fighting the urge to slap me.  "They took Sherlock." 

Without saying anything, he stepped aside to let me in then closed the door behind me. "I grieved for you and just like Sherlock, you faked it," he said and pounded on the wall next to me out of anger, causing me to jump.

He had a right to be mad, but I didn't know who else to turn to. I sighed then started to tell him about the murder frame that Zane put me in and why I had to fake my death because of it. Also I told him about the treasure and how we were so close to finding it. Lastly I told him about the frame, how Sherlock disappeared and who took him. I poured my heart into my words, hoping that it would convince him to join my cause. This time, I told him everything, not leaving out anything. "Can you help me?"