Chapter 47: Life Depends On It

Look out for the <>!

I blink tears from my eyes as I ran down different alleyways through the pouring rain. I needed Sherlock. I couldn't do this without him. We were a team. I wanted to know why he would he let himself be taken. I wanted to know why Walter could do this to me. 

I stopped to take a breath as I stood under an awning to provent me from getting any wetter from the rain. I needed a new game plan but I couldn't think straight. I was alone this time with no one for help. I took out my phone, just as I was about to chuck it out into the street out of anger, I realized I had a message.

I put the phone up to me ear and heard Sherlock's voice over on the other end. "Rori, I guess you have already realized that I have gone with Zane. Don't blame Walter for this. In the end it was my choice. I did tell you I would handle Zane and I am still planning on doing this, however things have changed slightly. Things are going at a faster pace than I thought. You have to listen carefully, Zane does have only half of the compass. He's missing a pin that goes into it that makes it point towards the boat. I believe that the frame can help you find both things that we're looking for. One last thing, Rori..." I then heard sounds in the background then someone screaming was the last thing I heard before the message cut out.

 "Ma'am can I help you?" a man asked as he stood over me.

I looked up at him with a frown. "No, I'm fine thanks." I didn't realize that I slumped down to the ground and was now sitting in a puddle, soaking my pants in the ice-cold water.  I got up and smiled at him as if I was totally fine. "Have a nice day," I said coolly then walked away at a brisk pace.

 I somehow made it to my flat late that night. After taking a shower and changing my clothes, I sat down in the small living space of my flat as I looked at the frame on the ground. It was just an old vintage Gold frame. I frowned, I knew nothing about frames at all. How was I supposed to get a key from this and find the compass when my mind was somewhere else? Who was that person screaming on the other side of the message? I didn't want to think it was Sherlock but how could I be sure?

I sighed loudly grabbed the frame and hung it on the wall hoping that would magically solve my dilemma. Sadly it didn't.  Maybe the key wasn't even in the frame but was just another clue that I needed to solve. 

I got up from the ground and threw my pencil at the wall. My mind hurt. I couldn't think anymore.

 <><>

 3rd Person

<>

 Sherlock was in a basement of sorts. It was dark and cramped and cold. The detective himself couldn't even stand up properly without hitting his head on the ceiling. He held his arm gently against his body, knowing that it was dislocated but didn't have room to fix it at this moment.

"Well look at this, the great detective Sherlock Holmes," Zane said as he stepped down the stairs. He looked at Sherlock and smiled, feeling accomplished that he was able to capture him. Rori was making this too easy on him. He thought she would put up more of a fight, but everything seemed to be falling into place. "Please to meet you, I'm Zane."

 Sherlock looked at him this distain. After all the hate that Rori spat about him, he now understood how despicable he really was. "Pleasure." He spat out blood from his mouth from the beating he just took.

"Sorry about that. My men, they can get a little carried away. So let's talk shop shall we?" He pulled out a seat to talk to Sherlock. "We both know I really wanted Rori in that alleyway but I guess you'll work for now. She seems more attached to you the anyone else, even more then my dear brother." he let out a sigh and continued, "As you can guess I'm kind of in a pickle. I ran with the wrong crowed and now I need that treasure to get out of it. But I'm not doing so hot lately, it seems like I have lost my touch. You two however, you have just been blowing me away. You seem to be one step a head of me lately, so I just figure if I remove you from the equation, I'll slow Rori down enough to get a head of her."