Chapter 40: Crazy Men And Scared People

Look out for the <>!

I woke up and saw that the sun was just barely poking above the horizon. Excitement filled me because for the first time in a month I had something to work on about the treasure case. Today I was going to talk to the old crazy old man that claimed he knew about the treasure. I just hoped that Zane didn't beat me to the man first.

I walked out of my room and into the bathroom to change when I ran into Sherlock, holding some persons finger in the same bowl it was in last night. "Did you even sleep last night?" I asked as I stuck my tooth brush in my mouth.

"That's not important, right now I'm on a breakthrough. I'm studding the decay of flesh-eating bacteria."

I was extremely grateful that I hadn't been close to that bowl. Anger hit me as I realized that could have hurt or even killed me if I touched it. He often forgot to tell me important details. I spat out my tooth paste and gave him a look questing his sanity. "That stuff is dangerous. Where did you even get it?"

"I took it from Molly's lab, remember the last case we were working on? With the man in the sewer?"

I gaged. The smell of rotting flesh in the water was still so fresh in my mind. "You got it from him?! You stole his finger, Ah Sherlock that's disgusting! Why would you even?!" I shouted at him resisting the urge to vomit.

"It's for science."

I shook my head at him. He thought he was so invincible. He thought he could get away with almost anything. I was sure that one day he would get himself into deep trouble and it will be all his fault. "Yeah, let the scientist do it." I put my hair into a bun and walked out of the flat.

I ran down the stairs but not before Miss Hudson saw me leaving. "Have a good day," Miss Hudson smiled at me as I opened the front door.

Still fuming from Sherlock, I turned to face her. "He drives me up the walls," I vented as I pointed up the stairs taking no notice of her greeting.

"He drives everyone up the walls," she giggled. She was not wrong about that.

I let out a sigh and walked out the front door. I walked down the street and hopped on the Tube to the address written on my note.

Before I knew it, I was walking into a red colored brick three story building. As soon as I walked it, the smell of old people and crushed dreams filled me nose and I frowned. This place smelt like depression.

"Can I help you?" the receptionist said over her black framed glasses as I walked up to her. I looked at where she sat, her shoulders hunched and bags under her eyes even with makeup to try to cover it up. Lack of sleep. Her eyes where slightly red and puffy as well. Crying. She forced a small smile at me and then took a drink of coffee out of a mug that said best father ever. She wasn't a father. A picture next to the computer was with her and an older man, her father. Her father died, not long ago. If I could just play with that...

"Yes, um, this is kind of embarrassing. But my great granddad, I haven't seen him in a couple years. I have been living in Ireland and I got a call from my mum that he might not have long. Do you know the room number?"

"I normally can't just give out room numbers." She was thinking about letting me have the information. I just needed to break her down a little more.

"I knew this would happen. My mum gave me the number, but I forgot, and my phone died," I frowned holding up my truly dead phone. "I leave back for school tomorrow."

she sighed as she typed something on the computer. "I'll make one exception. But next time don't forget to charge your phone." She smiled at me.

"Thank you so much. His name is Aaron Abbit."