Chapter 41: Wasn't Sleeping

Look out for the <>

I looked out in the distance again to see if I could find who I was waiting for. My eyes caught hold of a dark haired man walking towards me. "Sherlock." I waved to him as I sat on a bench by the river side. He didn't take much time getting here. I was impressed. After all I only texted him about 40 minutes ago. 

He walked over to me with his collar up, looking as stupid as ever. "You've been looking for the treasure."

I didn't care for how he knew, but instead I just nodded. Once again, as I try to keep the truth hidden but he finds out anyhow. "I saw a man by the name of Aaron Abbit. Before he went all crazy pants, he told me about a treasure of Nazi's. Sherlock, it's worth millions. He told me about a man that he once knew. Here, these are my notes so far," I said and handed him my notebook.

He sat down next to me and started flipping through the pages.

"After I left I was walking by the river and Zane came to me. He's worried, I would even say scared. He needs this treasure more than I do. He told me to back down. Sherlock, he threatened me and I stood up to him." I frowned at him. "But now I'm really questioning why I did that because I know what he's capable of doing. If Zane gets to the treasure before me, I'm sure he will kill me. I already dug my grave and I hate to do this, but I can't do this alone, I need your help." I would need as much help as I could, and I could trust Sherlock. He was always going to be there for me.

Sherlock frowned as he read my notes. "Your notes seem sparse." He looked up and watched a ship pass by on the river.

I nodded at him. I had a good excuse for that. "Because I didn't really care about this treasure until an hour ago. I can solve this, but I know that if we work together we will solve it even faster." I needed to warn him about Zane, but he already knew. "This will get dangerous. Zane's dangerous and he's desperate. Sherlock will you help me solve this case?"

He looked at me and smiled, "when do we start?"

We talked on that park bench until the sun started to set and then decided to go back home. As we walked home together on the dark street of Barker I continued to fill him in on my plans. This partnership wouldn't work unless I told him all my ideas. This needed to run smoothly and quickly if we were to beat Zane. "I don't want anyone to know what we're up to, not even John. He has enough on his plate without us adding to it."

He frowned at me, not approving of this. "John is just as part of this team as I am."

"I know. But I can't get him into this when his head isn't in the right place."

He was quiet. I was right.

"I just think we need to start with Aaron. He was in World War two and he ran into a man named Kapellhof. It must be his last name or a nick name. I don't know his first name. I need to find out more but I can't go back to Aaron. They'll recognize me. I made him have a psychotic brake down."

"I'll go." Sherlock volunteered.

"Ok," I said taken back because he never volunteered, for anything. "And tomorrow, I'll see if I can't find anything in the London public library about Kapellhof." I watched Sherlock turn on his heals and walk back to the Tube.

<><>

The next day I spent at the Library flipping through books of world war two. I read everything and anything I could get my hands on about the war, hoping that the Library would point me to my next clue. I didn't know where to start but I figured the library was the best place to get information from.

I looked through the last names that started with K. I searched for over two hours and found no one with the last name of Kapellhof. I got frustrated and slammed the book shut. One person that was sitting next to me actually shhhed me.