Chapter 19: Changing The Plot

Look out for the  <> to know when to listen to the song!

Within five minutes, Sherlock came running in with John on his tail. "Rori, are you ok?" he asked with concern in his voice.

"Yeah, I think I am." I was still trying to process what had happened myself. Was I ok? I felt like a part of me went with Kale.

"You hung up, John was worried," Sherlock said as John gave him a pointed look that made me smirk. Oh that's cute, Sherlock was worried about me. I didn't think that was even possible.

"We were both worried," John cut in.

That is too cute. They were both worried, John more than Sherlock, I was sure of that. "Everything is ok. My phone died, that's all."

After a bit of convincing, John believed me, but Sherlock wouldn't. He kept on giving me looks, seeing if he could get any more information out of me. He knew I was lying so I kept myself closed and my facial expressions normal. I would not let him find out what really happened. This was my own fight, and I didn't need him in the mess as well.

"So the Miss just texted me and I have to get back home," John said as he put his phone back into his pocket after looking at it for a minute.

"Ok," Sherlock said bluntly as he stared at me from across the kitchen and I pretended not to notice.

"See you around John," I said kindly to him, then got a tissue and blew my constantly running nose.

He smiled. "Feel better Rori," he said as he walked out the door.

After about 15 minutes of silence, I had it with Sherlock. The book that I was 'reading' wasn't even helping to distract me when I still felt Sherlock staring at me. It was getting on my nerves. I looked from my book to Sherlock and snapped, "What do you want to know?"

"I want to know who came here. There is a distinct smell here, like outside mixed with cologne. I know you didn't go outside because you always dress up, you're still in your PJ's. Plus I highly doubt you would wear cologne. It was raining about an hour ago, in the front of our flat there are a few drops of water, from an umbrella most likely. There is also your body language. Even though your face is calm, you keep bobbing your leg up in down, and your eyes, you're supposedly reading a book but yet you have been on the same page for over ten minutes. Before you hung up on me, I heard the word Kale faintly."

He was right, like always, but I didn't want to admit it. I was so sick and worn out that my mind wasn't thinking quick enough to say something back. Instead, I said the first thing that came to my mind. "You're a liar."

He raised his eyebrows at me. "Do I look like I'm making this up?"

I didn't have anything to say, so I put down the book I was 'reading' and laid down on the couch, closing my eyes and tried my hardest to sleep.

After five minutes, I couldn't hold back my coughs any longer and I had to sit up and cough up a lung. I looked a Sherlock who was putting on a coat. "You're leaving."

"Yes, I'll be out for a while," he said and walked out of the flat.

Long after he left, I walked over to the fridge and poured myself a glass of orange juice. I knew Sherlock was mad at me, but I would not tell him who came over. I didn't want him to know. But then again, would it be that bad if he knew? Everything was changing now. Snapping out of my thoughts was my phone, that rang on the couch. I walked over to it and without even looking to see who it was, I answered it with a "hello?"

"Maire Brennan?"

I paused for a second. That was my old name, I hadn't heard that in years. I made my voice sounds confident even though I didn't feel that way. "Who's calling?"