Chapter 26: Paper Trail

Three more days until my time was up, and I was wasting my time at a firing range. I could do better things besides this. I hated guns and when it came down to it, I would never use one. Both Sherlock and John knew that, but yet here we were because John thought it would be a good idea.

"You know why I don' like guns?" I asked John as I fired the gun. The target on the other side of the room showed that I hit it on the very left side of it. I frowned as I got frustrated. That was the closest I had gotten to the center all hour.

"Why?" John asked as he pushed my shoulder back to fix my posture for the 20th time. "Try it now."

I sighed and fired again, this time getting only about 3 inches away from the center. Not too bad. I was improving. "I had a friend killed by one, and I believe it gives you an unfair advantage."

"But if everyone else has one, then why not you?"

He had a point, but I wasn't about to admit it. I fired again, getting it right in the middle of the target, causing a smile to come to my face, making me feel accomplished no matter how much I hated it. I fired again and got into the middle again. The gun click telling us we were out of bullets. With that, I put my gun down on the table, then looked at John. "If I can read the time correctly, I see that our time is up and we are out of bullets. I'm ready to go."

"Sherlock is at the hospital working with Molly. He said to bring you over when we're done. I have to go to work, so I'll just drop you off." With that, we left the range and got a cab to the hospital.

I looked at John in the car. There was a frown on his face and he was so silent. I knew what he was thinking. I wasn't ready for what was coming next. Maybe he was right, but I didn't have a choice. My time was up and I had to move before a body dropped. "Stop looking at me like that," I said to him as I looked away.

"Rori, I think you need more time."

I shook my head as I looked out the window. "We have no more time."

John sighed but remained silent. A minute later, we were at the hospital. "Just be careful with what you do next."

I nodded at him as I got out of the cab and closed the door behind me. With my head down, I walked into the hospital, careful to avoid all camera's, praying that Lestrade wouldn't find me again. I walked up to the second floor and into Mollies office to see her and Sherlock talking about something.

Sherlock stopped in mid conversation as he looked at me. "John doesn't think you're ready, but you're running out of time. We need a plan and that's why I wanted you here with me and Molly."

I nodded at him. "So what's the plan?" I asked as I walked over to their table then rested my head in my hands, waiting for an answer. I was ok with doing anything, as long as it was something. It was getting too close to the time limit, and it was making me uncomfortable.

"We were thinking about leaving a paper trail. It will be if you were running way. She already knows you're here in London, so why not make it think you're leaving again?" Molly chirped. Her shoulders were straight back and her enthusiasm in her voice showed that she came up with the idea on her own.

"That's good, but what happens when she finds out I'm not there?" I asked.

"We can lure her to a designated spot and capture her," Sherlock said.

"No, not capture." I shook my head at him. "This ends with me. I'm the last one she will ever try to take. This ends now." I was on edge, but excited at the same time. I was ready for this to end.

"Do you really...." Molly said in a disapproving tone until Sherlock cut her off. Oh bless her heart, always saintly, just like John. Actually, more than John.