Chapter 45: See Who?

Look out for the <>!

"Sherlock, we need to meet," I said into my crappy old phone the next day. I needed to talk to him about everything I learned yesterday from Klaus. 

"I'll meet you at the library in a couple hours," his voice rang out.

I wanted him to come to the library now. "What are you doing?"

"Something else," he said and hung up.

I stuffed my phone into my pocket. "That's rude." I understood that he had been busy since my death, but since I died, he had been so secretive. That was my job to be secretive, not his.  I then remembered that they found my 'body' a couple days ago. He was busy with the funeral. That would make sense why he didn't want to talk. He didn't want my ghostly appearance. I wonder what grave site I was buried at? Scotland Yard burial grounds? That would be a hoot. They would never put me there.

Wonder soon overtook my actions and it didn't take me long at all to track Sherlock's phone to see where he was really at. Like I guessed, he was at a cemetery.  That had to be for me. As much as I tried to talk myself out of it, I couldn't help myself, I always wanted to see who would come to my funeral. 

It didn't take me long to get to where Sherlock was at. It was raining which was ironic since it fit the mood perfectly. I stood from a distance under a tree away from the small crowed of people that surrounded my 'grave'.  I was amazed to see all the people that came. I didn't think that many people cared about me, but I guess I was wrong. I watched as John, Sherlock, Lestrade, Miss Hudson, Walter, and a few other people from Scotland Yard said a few words. Sadly I was too far away to hear what they were saying. But I could tell it was emotional from the faces everyone was making.

I searched the crowed over again, trying to find the most important person that could be there Kale. I would be lying to say I was disappointed that he wasn't there, but then again, he wasn't one for crowds. He was probably furious at me for leaving him. 

I felt like a ghost as I watched. The only person in this crowd of people that knew I was alive was Sherlock and he didn't see me here. I felt alone and strangely sad for an unknown reason. If I wasn't able to stop Zane, Rori Anderson would be dead never to come back to these people. 

I used to associate with all of them and now it was just me and Sherlock. The old me would have been happy with this but I hated it now. I felt cold inside and I suddenly wanted to leave this graveyard to lose this feeling of emptiness.

<>

I looked at the mossy ground to stop thinking about all the people that I left behind.  But without Scotland Yard looking over my shoulder I had more freedom so I could solve this mystery better. However, I wasn't happy with this newfound freedom.

I watched until everyone trickled out of the grave site, leaving me alone. Just a flicker of hope was in me, thinking that once everyone was gone Kale would come to show that he cared. I sat around for what felt like a long time. But it could have been minutes. Just was I was about to leave someone came in all black with a white rose. I couldn't see his face because he was facing away from me but I knew it was Kale. He looked like he was talking to the grave however I wasn't close enough to hear until he started yelling.

"Why! Why did you leave me! I was going to change my life for you! I changed my life for you, and you just threw it all away! Now I have to deal with my brother all on my own! Did you ever think about that?! You always seem to miss the big picture and just think of yourself. You know, he's trying to get me to work for him now and I don't think I have much choice in the matter!" he shouted at the gravestone that had my name on it.