Ch. 2

The smell of freshly baked cookies cheered him up quite a bit, but who wouldn't be happy with a ton of deserts in their hands.

Somebody who couldn't eat them.

Still, he was in a little bit of a better mood and that was what mattered. He smiled softly as he pocketed his phone and took the plate of cookies into his hands. They were simple chocolate chip cookies but the smell of them still made his mouth water.

After making sure to close his door, he traveled along the small gravel path until his feet were met asphalt.

The house in front of him was small but bigger than his own, it was mostly baby blue with white trimming in various places. All the blinds were drawn, but Yuuri couldn't blame them, he hadn't been in his house a day and all of his were drawn except for the ones in the kitchen. There was a small black car and a silver jeep in the driveway.

He took a deep breath before tapping his knuckles against the door softly.

There was muffled yelling, but not anything he could make out. There was a loud thump before the door was ripped open.

"Fuck off, Carl! I don't want any candles!"

And then it was slamming shut.

Yuuri blinked at the door, unable to comprehend what had just happened.

And then muffled yelling again.

The door opened and revealed a blonde with his arms crossed and an attic glare directed up at Yuuri "What do you want?"

"Manners!" A voice shouted from the other room.

But the boy didn't appear to hear him as his eyes landed on the plate of cookies in his hands, his glare shifting into dazzling smile like a light switch being flipped "Oh! Cookies. I'm sorry, what can I do for you?"

An amused grin found Yuuri's face and he shrugged his shoulders "Nothing, just wanted to say hi and drop this off."

The blonde paused slightly before raising an eyebrow "Wait, so you're the one who moved next door?"

The ravenette simply nodded.

"Cool. I'm Yuri Plisetsky." The boy moved to lean in the doorway, arms still crossed.

"Yuuri Katsuki."

"Who's there, Yuri?" Came the shouting person again.

"You can come in if you want, we were just hanging out in the kitchen"

The blonde left the door open before disappearing through a wide doorway Yuuri assumed to be the kitchen.

Awkwardly, he shut the door and followed unsurely.

As he entered he was hit with the smell of fingernail polish and food he couldn't really identify the scent of.

"Who's this?"

Yuuri looked up and saw a rather... nice... sight.

The boy staring at him had the bluest eyes he had ever seen on any one, along with some really pale skin that suited him and peculiar, yet cute, silver hair. He was definitely handsome, that was for sure.

But what stuck out the most?

He was holding out dark blue sparkly nails.

"Yuuri Katsuki. Guy who moved in next door."

The silver haired boy thought about it a moment "Oh?"

The blonde, Yuri, rolled his eyes "That's Victor, he's probably the most forgetful idiot you'll ever meet."

"Well at least he can paint his nails nicely" Yuuri gave him a lopsided smile.

"Damn, thank you, at least someone appreciates me" the boy, Victor, jokingly glared at the blonde.

Yuuri suddenly remembered the plate of cookies in his hands and looked between them "Wait, you guys want these, right?"

"Of course!" Victor jumped to his feet with a grin, gently taking the cookies and setting them on the table before taking one for himself and sitting back down, nibbling on it.

After a moment he spoke again.

"You're officially my favorite person, Katsuki."