2# Kirito X Reader: The Requiem of Happiness

Requested by @thepadawangirl

Years since the day Aincrad trapped thousands of players in the virtual reality.

Years since Kirito confessed his love to you.

Months since Kirito beat the game and freed everyone from the fake reality.

Today was the day you finally meet him. You felt many things, both anxiety painted with anticipation and excitement. Clutching your bag as you sat on the train that lead to Kirito's province, your mind was gnawing away at your head causing you to become overly dizzy.

Now Arriving at Tokyo - Station 3, please make way for people going out. Enjoy your day.

Standing up hastily you rush out the train doors and observe your surroundings, this part of Tokyo was the busiest. Which meant it'll be harder to find the ravenette you dated in the game. Wondering about the cafe Kirito had proposed to meet you at, you walked about in circles.

Anxiety resulted in seamless thoughts and doubt. What if this so-called Kirito was actually a A.I? An intelligent human like one programmed to deceive players to think it was real?

"... F.N?" A familiar voice calls out timidly, the tone and the warmth of the voice was what you remember listening closely to each time the person of whom it belonged to had spoken. If the virtual reality seemed lifelike, then this... This was real.

He was exactly as you remembered him to be, his soft black hair having the volume it never had in the game, his soft doe-like black irises that shined when he set his eyes on you, his delicate face that didn't show much masculinity even though he had quite a lot. His pitch black clothes made him stand out in the crowd.

You move towards him with your hands stretched wide, you needed proof. Proof that this was the same person you had held hands with, and talked with endlessly for what seemed like eternity in the game. His large slender fingers stretch out to cup your head gently to his chest.

Inhale.

Exhale.

You gently curl your fingers, letting his clothes fabric cluster in your palms. As you inhale his scent while embracing him rather tightly. This was overwhelming, and also really exciting. "I finally get to meet you... Kirito." You whisper as both of you finally break apart from the embrace. He smiles rather teasingly at you, and flicks your forehead. Which was something of a habit that he had developed when both of you were living together in the game.

"We've already met, in the game remember?" He says jokingly as he locks his fingers with yours and leads you into the cafe. You roll your eyes, Kirito had never cut down with the banter. Not even once. Sitting down at a window seat, you both exchange awkward smiles. But you knew, somehow... That Kirito still needed reconciling for what happened when he fought with Heathcliff.

After you almost died to block a fatal blow from Heathcliff, who was later revealed as the creator of the game. Reaching out to out your hand on his, you give him a smile. "I think what we both want to say is... Congratulations for not dying." Kirito shows a look of surprise, a look that slowly turns into a broken smile.

"... You idiot, I still haven't scolded you enough for... Blocking Heathcliff's attack! You were going to... die. And if you did... I wouldn't be able to forgive myself because I really care about you" He whispers frustratingly as he stares at you with his sorrowful black eyes. You smile back, as you clutch his hand and squeeze it tightly.

"But I'm here now."

Those 4 words were enough to satisfy Kirito's frustration, but deep inside you knew that he was still anxious and aching to turn aggressive on those who had tried to harm both of you. So you talked, telling him your fears, your habits, your problems before all this Sword Art Online thing started. You wanted both of you to open up to each other, and to do this it was right to tell your most deepest secrets to the man you were planning to spend your life with.

He was definitely surprised at how open you were, it charmed him. Your bluntness, your smile when you muddled up your words from speaking far to fast... everything about you was perfect. Before he knew it, he was confiding about his secrets too. How misplaced he felt when he did kendo, the anger he felt when he realised his sister was actually his cousin, and how he felt deceived.

Everyone saw the proud, heroic, calm and collected Kirito. But you saw inside him was just a normal boy with deep fears of betrayal. Two imperfect halves finding each other to become whole... It was great. Before you knew it, the dates became more frequent and your bond and your love turned into something greater.

And now you are standing on the altar while holding hands with the man before you. The priest was gently declaring the vows as you stare into the dark orbs you've grown accustomed to for years. He smiles as he puts a ring on your ring finger, everything felt right. He became whole thanks to you. And you became whole thanks to him.

You were happy...

You were both happy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally managed to update this oneshot compilation of mine haha. Schools been stressing me out, so I was planning on taking a break with writing for a while. But I'll update every now and then if I feel like it :P so yeh. Requests are still open! Just comment and I'll be righttt thereeeee.

Vote, comment or follow, I'll appreciate anything!