Uta X Reader; Mask

Requested by@ Melancholly2001

I hope you enjoy this, hope its good because I'm not really familiar with Uta... He's so mysterious after all XD

You stand infront of the counter of Anteiku, you were humming contently while you picked out coffee beans out from the jar.

You sigh, as you heard Rize's voice in your head. You bit your lip and shake it away.

You were a ghoul now, you were attacked by Rize. Just like Kaneki who was the same.
The manager was nice enough to offer you food and shelter in Anteiku. In return you had to work here.

Not that you minded, since you liked coffee and all. Kaneki smiles at you as you brew up the coffee and hand it to him.

"Is it suiting you F.N chan?" He asks timidly as he hands it to Touka who wordlessly carried it to the customers.

"Yes. Very well!" You reply quietly, taking another order and pouring the steaming coffee and handing it to him.

The day ended quick as you and Touka tidied the chairs and tables. Touka was really silent towards you and Kaneki.

You wondered why because you weren't that bad. She stretches while you quietly place the broom back in the closet.

"F.N tonight you and Kaneki will have to go to a certain place ok?" Touka says flatly looking at you.

"Where would that be?" You ask nervously.

" Mr Uta's. " She says as she walks upstairs tk her room.

You knew it was the place where ghouls had their masks made. You had to admit you were abit excited.

Because you simply loved Touka's rabbit mask.

Walking in your favorite jeans and shirt. Whipping on a jacket as you walked out the door. You and Kaneki follows Touka towards Uta's place.

"Kaneki are you excited?" You whisper to him. He smiles and nods.

"I cant wait!" He replies back.

"Its nothing to be excited about. The mask is for diguise when you go outside so doves don't track or know who you are. " Touka says rudely.

Kaneki and you share a look as you arrived in the entrance of a graffitied alley. Walking in there Touka knocks confidently on a wooden door. As we step in we see a label saying: "HySy ArtMask Studio".

As a average heighten man with silky black hair styled in to a undercut greeted us. His ghoul eyes were showing, you couldn't help but stare at the multiple tattoos that adorned his pale skin. He wore a grey tank top and a black wrap sweater along with harem pants and black sandals.

"He's a bit scary isn't he." Kaneki whispers to you. You didn't think so you were more interested in his neck tattoo.

'Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε'

You know what it means and you were interested by it. It says 'I can live neither with you, nor without you'. Why would such a man have such a quote adorned on him? He caught you looking and stares at you. Catching his gaze you blush and look away.

With a amused expression he leads you towards his studio where maniquins perturbed from the ground. He smiles in a friendly way and drags you to a chair and takes a notebook with him. As he measures your face, you notice his touch was gentle and caressing.

"So F.N, what are you interested in?" He asks you, you were interested in books and art.

"Books and art, I guess." You say shrugging a little. He smiles and nods knowingly.

"Same with me. I'm curious, I've never seen you around Anteiku before... Are you new?" He asks curiously starring at you with his black and red eyes.

"I'm a one eyed ghoul. I was originally human." You say curtly, biting your lip at the memory of Rize. His eyes widen for a millisecond and looks even more amused.

"Oh I see. I've never seen a one eyed ghoul before..." He says thinking considerately, there was silence between you as he stood there holding his chin and occasionally scribbling down something.

"Your hairstyle makes my mind fill of inspiration!" He suddenly says as he smiles and holds a strand of your H.C hair up, blushing at the compliment you nod.

"R-really?" You ask looking at him with wide eyes.

"Yes! H.C is a matching color with almost most colors that I have. "He replies as he smiles warmly. He was really nice, perhaps the nicest ghoul you've met.

"Mr Uta-"

"It's just Uta for you." He says and winks, blushing again you nod.

"Uta, do you think a half mask would suit me well?" You ask as your eyes caught on a half mask on a mannequin.

"I think a half mask would suit you very well. Mm, nice thinking!" He says looking at the mirror in front of you, you consider it for a moment and you nod.

"Fabric or mask material?" He asks writing down the measurements in his notebook.

"Fabric." You say confidently looking at his looming figure. He pauses and looks at you for some time and smirks. Catching it you blush and look away, you were amused with his unusual sense of clothing and also in love with it. When ever he looks at you you felt a ba-dump in your chest.

It was truly love in first sight.

"Do you by any chance have some free time?" Uta asks you, flushing you nod. Could this possibly be a date?! You went even more Crimson at the thought.

"Haaa~ your so cute when you blush like that, I would like to get to know you better. I've always had a soft spot for interesting ghouls." He smiles as he gestures Kaneki to come and he scribbles down a check and hands it to you. Smiling you hop off the chair and walk towards Touka.

"I'll see you around Miss L.N." He smiles as he takes Kaneki under his wing.

You look at the paper and find numbers there. Blushing you realized it was his phone number. It was nice for a change to love someone, after all you can't attend school anymore. Touka rolls her eyes at the sight of you falling in love.

Maybe being a ghoul wasn't so bad after all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked the Uta oneshot! It may be a little short I'll be doing a requested Free! Oneshot next. I hope you like this, remember vote, comment or follow!

Yours Faithfully
Oh_Call_Me_Senpai