Bon X Tamer!Reader: Forever and Always

Requested by IreneKirkland

Bon loved you dearly, just as you loved him. But love was not an option, not for now... Not ever. Life now, was a battlefield each day as an exorcist. Your jobs to destroy demons that were out of line were increasing.

He would entwine his hands around your strands of silky H.C hair, it soothed him. You were his everything. Snapping back in reality he looked at your form in the Infirmary. The battle with the Impure King had cut you up, leaving you bedridden for months now.

Your E.C orbs were reading intently in (Favorite Book) as your other hand stroked your familiar, the loyal and all powerful Kirin (picture reference above). It's light flames that circled it's nuzzle licked your hand, leaving it warm and dry. It was dutifully standing beside you as it held an watchful eye over you two.

"Bon... Do you know when I'll be better again?" You lightly ask, he holds your gaze and smiled. "Soon..." He replies gently. Despite his harsh nature to others, he was always calm and gentle when you guys were alone. You quite liked it that way, it just showed you how much he cared for you.

"I'm not missing much right? At school?" You ask again, you were easily bugged by the fact that school had presumed leaving you behind in bookwork and notes. "I promised that I'll copy off notes for you didn't I?" He smirks as he flashes you a grin.

"Yeah but you suck at writing notes..." You trail off as the door opened, the nurse walked in quite abruptly and gestured for Bon to have a private talk with him. Then Kirin had left a soft growl of concern, as it nudged you with its warm nose. "Shh... I know.." You quietly talk to your loyal familiar, who gave you a look of sadness.

The after effects of the Impure King incident only left you wounded that much was because you had caught an unknown and incurable disease from a high level demon you were battling. Snippets of what happened swirled into your mind, you knew... That you wouldn't be going to school anytime.

No matter what type of medicine or baptism they tried on you, nothing ever worked. Well not yet, Bon didn't want to frighten you with the truth. But you knew, that he just wanted your happiness. As you spaced out for a few minutes while stroking Kirin's head, Bon re-enters the room.

His eyes and tip of his nose were red, he and been crying. His back was hunched with defeat and his shirt sleeve was wet with signs of tear stains. "F.N..." He trails, whilst looking at your face, observing your every detail. Not wanting to let go, not wanting to believe the incoming date of your scheduled death.

"When is it...?" You ask gently as you place your book down, tears threatened to fall down your cheeks. But you held on, you stayed strong for Bon. He wasn't fazed by the fact that you knew, it would take a cunning person to deceive you. And he never believed himself to be cunning.

"... In a weeks time..." He mutters, silence enveloped the room. He banged his fists on the wall with frustration as he scrunched his eyes up. "Why!... Why?" He whispers hoarsely, you hated people crying. Especially seeing your boyfriend cry right in front of you.

"Bon... Look at me..." You steady yourself as you walked towards him with each agonising step on your feet. "Oi! What the hell. Sit down! Lie down! Don't... You... Dare... Try... That... Again! What if you fall! What if-" You stop him as you gave him a chaste kiss in the lips. You knew your legs were failing you due to the unknown infection from the demon you encountered.

But it wouldn't ever stop you from spending the lost time between you and Bon.

"Let's make the most of these days... Before I fall into sleep." You say smiling as you use your thumbs to wipe the tears of Bons face. "Let's go out again... To make up for the days we've lost on the battlefield." Bon's eyes widened, then shut again as tears of grief ran down.

"But... You..."

"I'll walk, even if it feels like I'm going to die... I want to do normal things... Again." You say fiercely as Bom hugs you tightly inhaling your scent, etching its smell onto his mind. Holding on to everything single thing there was to remember about you.

The next few days were painfully slow, you attended school despite your trouble with walking you pushed the pain aside. Bon was always being protective and watchful, every stumble or little trip that happened his arms were always there to catch you. Everyone in the class had obviously heard about your condition.

Rin was always cooking food for you, Sheimi was always studying and going really in depth into her medical books along with Kamiki who was also showing an interest in medical books and the two were often seen together looking over books. Yukio seemed to give a lot of free times and practicals to the class, as Bon's friends had ceased on the teasing and had come around to hang out with you normally.

Then that day finally came, Sheimi and Kamiki didn't even say hi when you came into class that day. Everyone was depressed, Rin had made a extra large bento box for you, saying "Eat a lot! Stick my cooking into your brain! D-Don't ever forget it!" Being the emotional one, Rin bursted into angry wails.

"Oi, idiot. Don't yell, my girlfriend is not..." Bon started to say, but trailed off when you started to cough out blood. "Black... Blood?" Sheimi whispers out, frantically grabbing her summoning card, Nii-Chan came out. "I know this remedy! Kamiki...!" As they both got to work with the herbs that the baby Greenman produced.

"Hey... Bon... Can I sleep?" You tiredly asked as you felt your conscious state fade slowly, you felt his hot tears drip down your face. "Stay awake! Sheimi and Kamiki! They're almost done! Hold on!" He screams, once your conscious state was almost faded, someone brought a bitter mixture to your lips. It kept you alive... But you were put into coma.

---

What had it been? Days? Weeks? Months? Bon had been waiting for your awakening. And it finally came one morning. Rin rushed in his breath hitched and his eyes wide. "BON, F.N HAS WOKEN UP!" Without a word, Bon ran. Kirin was trailing close behind, as he swung open the door he was greeted by your dazzling smile.

The one he fell in love with.

"Are... You really here? F.N? I've been waiting for such a longtime. Please stay this time." Bon mutters as he grasps your hand, you cry as you. nod. "Yes, forever and always."

Woah this took me surprisingly long, Bon is hard to portray but I hoped you like this emotional fluff. Maybe grammar mistakes or spelling mistakes. Sorry if there is any, hope you enjoyed it!