Renji X Reader: Taiyaki Hero

Dedicated to @mykelhoward

You growled as you put more batter on the pan, it was your job day and it was boring. So boring to the fact you could practically read more about those horrid shinigami's and hollows in some book you borrowed from the library.

You grudgingly smiled as you waved bye to the customer as you made some more Taiyaki . Humming contentedly you wiped your hands and smiled brightly at the next person.

But your jaw dropped at the sight of him.

A crimson haired man with a long ponytail walked in, expensive glasses and tattoos on his forehead. He had a longish face and he was quite attractive in your opinion. You fidgeted a little under his gaze, and flushed when he neared closer studying the menu.

You nervously pulled you H.C strands, he notices this and smirks a bit.

"You scared?" He asks, you flinch at his tone. He was cocky.

"N-no." You say, he chuckles a bit and slams his hand down on the counter making you jump.

"One Taiyaki ple-"

There was a rustle of leaves and then a pair of eyes glared at me. You gulped this cannot be good, the red haired man yells something but all you could see was a mask. Hollows. You squeeze your eyes shut, in fear. You were going to die today, in your job.

What a great way to die.

There was a slash, but you didn't feel any extraordinary pain or anything. Just your clothes getting ripped. Oh hell, the manager is going to kill you.

You also realized that your upper part may or may not be exposed to the stranger. You hesitantly opened a eye and saw the red haired man there with a blade out, his glasses smashed and on the floor, his face flushed red as he stared at your ripped shirt.

As he turns away and regains his posture you rub your arm a bit where there was a tiny scratch mark, but notheless it was not that deep. As you applied a band aid on it he stares at you again.

"Tch, you ok?" He asks worriedly as he peers at you, you nod as you clutch you shirt on the place where your heart is.

"I'll um... Go and eh.... Make your t-taiyaki." You say gulping as you grabbed some red bean paste and the batter and made a lot of taiyakis.

He was a shinigami. He is a shinigami. He is a shinigami.

You repeatedly told yourself, you snuck a glance at him as you made the taiyakis. He was silently starring at you, catching each other's eyes. You both looked away flushing furiously, you didn't know this guy's name.

Should I ask?! You thought awkwardly in your head as you but the warm Taiyaki in a paper bag and handed to him.

"Eh-"

"Kenji. My names Kenji." He says scratching his head a bit, you nod.

"My name is F.N.. Nice to meet you." You say awkwardly sticking out your hand, he excepts it. His hand warm and it was slightly sweaty. You wanted to grimace but it wasn't polite to someone that just saved your life.

As he takes his wallet out you stop him, whilst smiling a bit as you notice how red his face got.

"It's fine, since you saved my life consider this as part of the debt." You say looking at him, he opens his mouth but to be interrupted by you.

"I still don't think this is enough... After all you did saved me from a terrible death. Do you want me to do anything?" You ask again, he sighs.

"Tch.. Interrupting someone is bad ok. But since a hot babe like you..."

He trails off once he notices how red you got, you were never the type to experience "love at first sight" but you probably did now. You scribble your number down and look away as you stretch your hand out to him.

"Thanks... For saving me Kenji." You say, he coughs his perhaps cocky nature replaced by a tsundere one.

"Eh Erm." He fidgets a little, well this was going to be a hella awkward relationship.

"Thanks for the rescue though red head four eye." You say throwing the awkward faze away, he looks at you dumbfounded since he thought of you as the "innocent and cute introvert working at a Taiyaki shop".

But reality may hit him hard because your the exact opposite of that.

"Tch, who the hell are you calling a red head four eye?" He asks as his vein popped, you smirk as you pulled him for a peck.

"There, you angry now?" You ask winking, he gulps and mutters something before he stormed off. But he still clutched the paper you gave him gingerly.

He's a keeper.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry Kenji may have been slightly out of character (sorry bout this terrible fan fiction), well requests are still open! But I'll be doing a song fanfiction next it's gonna be a Kaneki X Reader one. And then after a request if there is one.

Vote comment or follow!

Love you all my kohais XD