Kirito X Reader: Don't Give Up

Requested by stickyricecake, merleshikiasuna

Dedicated to Chocolatey2222 since you love Kirito XD

It was the nauseous feeling that struck you again. The very same feeling you got in everyday and every month in the past 2 years. You kept training and training, but still the fear still overwhelms you. The fear of dying in this wretched game that got many players imprisoned...

Sword Art Online.

You push your H.C hair back as you walk through the town. You were getting ready for a meeting with the Knight Of The Blood Oath, a high level clearing guild that fights bosses with others that's not in their guild. They have tried contacting you for the 2 years.

Just for your recruitment, their messages were spamming your inbox. Which made you even more annoyed, you were perhaps the best girl player next to 'Lightning Fast Asuna', but people say you were stronger, or you were weaker, or you were evenly matched.

You and Asuna never fought a single fight. As you never communicated together or ever talked, because the only person you EVER talked to was none other then your childhood friend Kirigaya Kazuto, AKA Kirito in the game.

You sigh as you entered the meeting area, as you walk next to Kirito he seemed to notice you. He waves and smiles politely.

"F.N chan! Long time no see!" Kirito says smiling cheerfully.

"Quit it." You say scowling, he always put on a cheerful side for me, hoping I would be more sociable.

"Awwwww, stop with the cold mask." Kirito says pouting, you hold a hand as the guild master of the Knight of The Blood Oath walked in. It fascinated you how his real life hair was long and white, you even wondered how he kept it straight. There was still some childish thinking in you.

"But, F.N.... I miss the old you. This game has changed you." Kirito says seriously as he stares at you intensely. You knew this was true, but you look away. In this game, the incapable or the weak is the first to die. You couldn't afford to die, that's how you shaped up into this cold mask.

"Ahem." The guild master said, everyone fell silent.

"We are here today to discuss the newly discovered boss level 67." He says looking around as his eyes lingered on you. You looked away purposely, he was trying to recruit you with his hypnotising gaze.

"We will be storming there in two days, train as hard as you can in those days. Asuna will lead the 2nd team and I, myself will lead the first." He says.

Nodding you guys continue discussing, but you noticed Asuna shooting glances at Kirito who was concentrating on the plan. Whilst soon she caught your eye, she glares. You were surprised, enemies in first sight? How is that even possible, but you narrow your eyes.

Then she sends a message to you: "Rivals in love, Kirito's mine." You shrug and send back.

"You can have him. Just friends."

She looks surprised, and then smiles brightly. Rolling your eyes you continue to concentrate in the plan, these plans were never really interesting to you. After all, you never really lose courage.

2 days later

Walking along with Kirito, through the stone corridor that lead to the boss. Kirito was looking at you while you remained silent. Asuna was tagging closely behind you, she sent you a threat just the other day reminding about the message you send her about the "friends".

She caught Kirito picking a leaf out of your hair, like... What's the big deal. It's just a leaf.

Her threats where nothing to you, you examine your sword as you were walking. You had got the item after fighting a dragon in the south region of floor 60. The sword itself was fantastic, can slice cleanly through a level 40 monster with one slash.

"Haaaaa, F.N chan~ I envy you, that sword of yours his so cool!" Kirito says pouting,

"Eh? Look at you, Elucidator and Dark Repulser. Stop with the flattering Kito." You say using the childhood name your guys had.

"Oh it's nothing." Kirito says waving his arms about, this was the side he put up in front of you.

"I dare say Black Swordsman or something really suits you. Black all over?" You say rolling your eyes.

"Hahaaaa how about Selfless Knightress? That's a pretty good one." Kirito says grinning.

"Lightning Fast Asuna is cool too!" A voice pipes from behind, you didn't need to turn around. Because Asuna just stuck her nose in you guys conversation. Stepping at less a meter away from her you continue walking alone.

Kirito notices and waves Asuna off and jogs towards your direction. He puffs up his cheeks, and tilts his head.

" What was that about?!" He says looking at you seriously.

"Nothing." You say, perhaps too quickly because he looks at you intensely with his ebony doe eyes. Damn him with his pretty girls eyes.

"Tell me."

"Ugh, don't you know. It's obvious." You say gruffly, he looks confused.

"Nosey over there likes you." You conclude, his eyes widen as he looks at Asuna with disbelief.

While he's looking, you notice an ache in your chest, it wasn't the same nauseous feeling that you had everyday. It was different. You look around as you soon see a looming door that was getting closer and closer with each step you take. You started trembling all of a sudden.

Something wasn't exactly right, there was a cold aura through here. Stronger than before. Kirito also notices the drastic change and looks at you, he suddenly grips your hand. And pulls you to a corner.

"Look. There's no time to give up right now. We may never know if we'll make it out, so making this clear...." He looks at the ground and blushes.

"Don't give up, I'll be there for you. Protecting you no matter what happens, after all. I.... I....

Love you." He finishes looking at you.

Your eyes widen, that explains it. That ache in your heart was... Love? For your childhood friend. You close your eyes and smile for the first time, your cheeks slightly hurt because a smile hadn't come to you for years now.

"I will live. For you, so I won't give up. We're in this hell together. Even if I die..." You say. Kirito smiles and gives you cheek a pinch.

"B-Baaaaka! You will survive. " Kirito says looking serious. You could see the earnest look in his eyes, just then Asuna stormed towards you guys glaring at you the most. Kirito looked surprise at the sudden change in her personality.

"Stay. Away. From. Him." She growls as she points her rapier at your throat. This wasn't a town,cap her tag can turn yellow if she kills you. Kirito steps in front of you, Asuna's eyes widen and she lowers her sword.

"Why should she stay away from me?" Kirito asks glaring at Asuna like he does at bosses in the boss fights.

"Because... Because... SHE DOESN'T DESERVE YOU!" Asuna yells angrily and possessively grabbing onto Kirito. Shaking her off Kirito grabs your wrist and veers off out to the corner.

"Kirito?" You ask uncertainly.

"Boss clearing is gonna start soon. Just before we go in. " he pecks you on the cheek. Blushing you hold his hands as you walked into the boss room. If you guys were to die you'll die together.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed it.... It was abit short so... GOMEN! I was really busy! Assessments and all so the future oneshotss will be better! So vote or comment or follow if kind!