3

(Published 1/29/17)
Draco's POV:

I watched as the others filed out of the dungeon with Slughorn, and looked around. Seeing the cauldron I needed, I grabbed a few flasks and quickly scooped the liquid into the vials, corked the tightly, and walked out of the dungeons. Just in case the Dark Lord's supply wasn't enough...
I'd have to do it soon, so when I got back to the common room that night I started planning and scheming, looking for the right way to go through with it.
Nobody could be around, so it was best to do it at night if I could, and the liquid luck would help me with that, as I'd only need a few hours of it. I still can't believe I'm going through with this, but the Dark Lord commanded me to do it, so I must.
No matter how grotesque and infuriating it may be...
I'd be done tomorrow night, I decided. It has to be tomorrow night, the sooner the better...

Harry's POV: (the next morning.)

I was sitting with Ginny at the Great Hall, waiting for Ron and Hermione to show up. We talked about how our classes went the day before, and about how Snape did. Ginny had Snape on Mondays, while I had him on Tuesday, today. And Id've bet almost anything that Malfoy would be in his class.
The rest of the day ran smoothly, right up until Defense Against the Dark Arts. What was Dumbledore thinking? Snape was just as horrible at this class as he was at Potions. Not only was I right about him being a terrible teacher, but I was also right to assume Malfoy would be in my class.
Snape, of course, favored Draco and hated me, but what else could I have expected? He ended up taking a total of sixty points from Gryffindor for me talking out of turn, unreasonably questioning the teacher's motives, not following proper directions, and not paying enough attention. I'd had a feeling it'd be a bad day.
After dinner, I headed to the common room alone, and met Neville standing in front of the picture of the Fat Lady.
"What're you doing Neville?" I asked.
"Harry!" He said. "Thank goodness your here! I've forgotten the password again, and she won't let me in."
I laughed a little. "The password is 'Myron Wagtail'" the Fat Lady nodded and opened to the entrance of the Gryffindor common room.
(A/N: In case your wondering, Myron Wagtail is a lead singer in a popular wizard band.) Neville and I had been the last two to come back, and I watched as Neville walked up the stairs. I'd told him that I wasn't tired, and that I wanted to stay in the common room for a while.
I sat in my favorite chair, and thought of the small fight I'd had with Ginny earlier in the day. It was so stupid, just about me not spending much time with her lately. I don't know what she meant. I'd thought we were fine, and that we were spending just enough time together.
Lately she'd been acting a little distant, but I don't know what to say to her, or if I even want to stay with her for that matter...
I sighed, and decided to go for a walk.
I jogged upstairs and got the Marauder's Map, seeing that Filtch was on the other side of the castle with Mrs. Noris.
I walked out of the common room, map in hand, not knowing were I would end up.

Draco's POV:

I double checked to make sure that I had everything I needed, then took a carefully measured sip of Felix Felicis. I almost immediately felt a surge in my confidence. It felt as though I could do anything in the world, and I found myself smiling at the simple task Lord Voldemort had assigned me.
I walked out of the common room, not knowing where I was going, only that I would find Potter there.
After a few turns down multiple corridors, I turned into an empty classroom to find Potter sitting on one of the desks, looking absentmindedly out he window, the light of the full moon illuminating the room.
It was now or never.

Quiz time!

Q: What are the first words Draco ever said to Harry, and where?