10

(Published: 2/22/17)

Harry's POV:

I was sitting near the forbidden forest with Draco, and we'd just finished eating.
"Do you want to go on a walk?" Draco asked.
I just nodded and stood with him, as we began making our way along the trees. The sun had just set, and the stars were beginning to come out, looking like diamonds in the darkening sky.
"So," Draco asked. "What's Mad-Eye been up to? I heard you two were still in touch."
"We are." I replied, not really thinking about what I was saying, just about the feeling of his hand in mine. "Yeah, through the Order of the Phoenix."
Draco smiled broadly at me, making my heart flutter. "And what's the Order been up to lately?" He asked innocently. "Any big plans? Anything....noteworthy?"
"I really shouldn't say...." I replied, and he pouted at me, stopping and leaning closer to me, his head on my shoulder, so that I could feel his breath against my neck. This alone made it hard for me to think straight, let alone when he started talking again.
"Please Harry," he said. "I won't tell anyone."
"I, um... well, maybe..."
"Come on," he said. "You can trust me."
I nodded slightly, breathing in the smell of his hair gel. "Yeah," I said. "Okay." And with that, I was lost. I told him everything I knew about the Order and what our plans were, and I answered every question he asked me.
"Are you still getting new information from the Order?" He asked me after a while. There was a strange look in Draco's eyes. He almost looked, sad.
"Um.." I said, "Yeah," I told him, feeling a little distracted. "Draco, are you okay?" I asked, and the pained look on his face deepened, piecing my heart along with it.
"Yes," Draco replied, failing to lie. "I'm fine. We should head back in, it's getting pretty late now."
I nodded, and followed him towards the castle, still worried about him. "Are you sure you're okay?" I asked as we approached the portrait of the Fat Lady.
Draco nodded and kissed me on the cheek, before saying goodnight and leaving to the Slytherin common room. I sighed and gave the password to the Fat Lady, making my way into the cozy common room and up the stairs to bed.
The others were already fast asleep by the time I'd gotten dressed, all except Dean. He looked at me, and motioned for me to come closer when he saw me looking back.
"What?" I asked.
"Is it true?" He asked me. "What they're saying about you and Malfoy? Is it true that you two are dating?"
I was surprised by his questions. I'd assumed people already knew from gossip around the school. I hadn't thought I'd been keeping it a secret from anyone. "Yeah," I replied, nodding my head. "Is that a problem?"
Dean shook his head. "No," he replied quickly. "I was just curious."
I nodded once more, still curious, then headed back to my own bed, and slowly drifted off to sleep.

~The next morning~

Draco's POV:

I met Harry before breakfast, hoping to talk with him about locations of the Order, since I'd failed to ask about that last night, but when I found him in the library, where I'd thought we'd be alone, I saw Hermione had followed him.
"Hey." Harry greeted me, smiling broadly.
"Hi." I replied, then faked a peck on the cheek to whisper in his ear. "Granger followed you, why?" I asked.
Harry looked a bit bewildered, having not noticed Hermione hiding among the books, and almost turned around before I stopped him.
"So," I said, trying to sound casual. "You want to go to the Great Hall with me?"
Harry nodded and we left the library, this time being careful not to be followed.
When we finally reached a quiet place, I realized it was the same classroom in witch I'd first given Harry the potion.
Oh the irony.
I pulled Harry in after me, and shut the door, ensuring our privacy. Turning to Harry, I saw nothing but confusion in his gaze.
"What's wrong?" Harry asked.
"What makes you think anythings wrong?" I asked him.
Harry just shrugged. "You get this look when your upset about something." He replied. "You've been getting it a lot lately. Especially on out dates..." Harry looked down to the floor when he said that last bit, and the look on his face broke my heart.
"It's not because of you." I told him gently. "It's just, my family, and some... things. I've just had a lot on my plate lately. That's all."
"Oh," Harry said, "Well, is there anything I can do to help you?"
"Your doing it." I replied, watching a small smile bloom on his face.
"So," he asked. "What did you want to talk about?"
I took a deep breath, then began the interrogation. I felt bed, but I knew I had to do this I shouldn't be feeling bad about it, especially for Harry Potter. I should loath him, but I don't. Why?

Quiz time!

Q: Why, in his first year, did Harry sneak into the restricted section of the library?