Chapter 15

I was home for a week and sitting in the kitchen with Sarah.  We were talking about how things were going for her and what was going on with Ryan.  She was due in a few days just like I was.  “I’m so jealous that you and Dylan found a house so close by.” Sarah told me.  I smiled at her and thought about the house that was being finished this past week. 

Flashback

“Elle, I think I found the perfect house for us.” He smiled at me.  “What?” I was so caught off guard not knowing what was happening.  “I found a house for us to live in.  I bought it.  Your Dad helped me find it.” He told me.  I got up as quick as I could but I struggled because lately I felt the size of a beached whale.  He chuckled as he helped me up.  I hugged him tightly.  “Show me! Show me!” I exclaimed.

We drove about ten minutes from the house and pulled in front of a two story house.  It was a brick house and it had an attached garage.  There was white picket fence in the front and I could see a swimming pool in the back. “There are four bedrooms, three bathrooms, a finished basement and there is a walk in closet.” He told me as we sat in front of the house.  “I love it.” I whispered.  “I’m so glad that you do.  We can move in next week.  I have a company that is going to paint the house for us.  All you have to do is sit down with them and tell them what you want.  Plus your nursery is all set; you just have to pick it out. Dad is doing that for us, he said he missed out on too much of my life so he wants to make it right by being there for us now.” He smiled.

End Flashback

Dylan walked into the kitchen and kissed me on the temple.  “Hello, ladies.” He smiled.  Ryan was right behind him.  Ryan went to Sarah’s side and rubbed his hand over her belly.  “Are you hungry?” I asked Dylan.  He nodded his head and I got up to make him something to eat.  Waddling over to the refrigerator I pulled out stuff to make the boys some sandwiches.  Sarah was getting out the plates and putting some macaroni salad on the plates.  I placed the sandwiches on the plate and handed one to Sarah.  I placed it in front of Dylan and clutched my stomach, taking deep breaths like I learned in my birthing classes.  “Babe, are you alright?” He was worried.  “Yeah, I’ve been having false contractions for the past couple of days.” I told him and leaned against the counter.  We stood there talking about how we were excited to be home and how were in the process of moving into our new house.   “We are doing an ocean theme in our nursery.  It’s going to be so peaceful.” I smiled rubbing my belly.

I went to walk and I had another contraction.  “How long has that been?” I asked Dylan.  “About five minutes.” He said.  “Upstairs in the closet is a bag that is packed for the hospital.  I need you to go get it.” I told him.  He gave me a puzzled look.  “Dylan, I think I’m in labor because my water just broke.” I told him.  Sarah was excited while Ryan looked like he was going to pass out.  Dylan ran upstairs and then I heard the front door slam shut the car start and pull away.  I looked at Sarah and Ryan wondering if they saw the same thing I did.  A few minutes later Dylan came back into the house.  “I got so excited, I almost forgot you.” He chuckled.  I shook my head and laughed.  We drove to the hospital and were admitted. 

“Dylan.” I called him over to me.  “Call my Dad.” I told him and grabbed his hand.  The contractions were getting worse.  “You’re lucky that I’m a strong man because if I were weak, I would be passed out on the floor.” He kissed my forehead. “You’re doing great.” He smiled.  “Call. My. Dad.” I hissed.  “He’s in the waiting room.  Do you want to see him?” He asked me.  “Yes.” I said.  He went to leave the room.  “Don’t leave me.” I started to tear up.  So many emotions were going through me.  He looked torn at what to do so he pulled out his phone and called my Dad.  “Hello, yes she would like to see you but I can’t leave her.” He chuckled and hung up.  A few minutes later my Dad walked into the room.

“Hey baby doll.” He smiled down at me.  “Hi Daddy, where is Suzie?” I asked looking for her.  “She’s at home.  I’ll bring her back later.” He smiled.  “I’m scared.” Tears started to well up in my eyes.  “Don’t be, you are going to be great.  You have Dylan with you.  Soon you will bring my grandbaby into this world.  I’m going to go and I will be back later when the baby is born.  I love you.” He kissed me on the forehead and left.  I let out a heavy sigh.

12 hours later I had my beautiful daughter nestled in my arms.  Dylan looked like he wasn’t breathing.  “Hi baby, Daddy looks like he’s going to pass out when I had to do all the work.” I smiled at him.  “What are we going to name her?” He asked.  “Well I thought Jasmine Rose.  What do you think?” I asked him never taking my eyes off the precious bundle of joy in my arms.  “That’s a perfect name.” He smiled taking her from me.  “Daddy’s little angel.  Now, you aren’t allowed to date until you’re 50 so don’t even think about it.” He cooed at her.  I giggled.

There was a steady stream of visitors but the last ones to visit were my grandparents.  My grandma had her book and wrote down her name and the name that was on her tattoo.  I looked at her hip and I smiled.  “Lucas” Was in her tattoo.  “Oh no, I hope that Lucas is nowhere near her for a long time.” Dylan joked.  Ryan came into the room and smiled.  “Sarah had her baby today too!” He announced.  “What did you name him?” I asked.  “Lucas!” He smiled and left the room.  Dylan and I looked at each other and then started to laugh.  We had an interesting journey ahead of us. 

Five years later

I decided that this wasn’t the life for me, so I was the one who coordinated the assignments while taking care of Jasmine.  Dylan went on the occasional job but he was never gone long.  Lucas and Jasmine were inseparable, Sarah and I laughed because we knew that they would never be apart and part of us thought they knew that as well. 

“Elle?” I heard Dylan call from the front door.  “In the kitchen.” I smiled handing Jasmine and Lucas their sandwiches.  “There you are.” He smiled over at me.  “Can I talk to you?” He asked.  “Kids go on and take your sandwiches to the play room.” They eagerly went with their sandwiches.  Once they were out of the kitchen Dylan wrapped his arms around my waist.  “Yes?” I asked him eyeing him up.  “Is there something you need to tell me?” He asked like he knew something.  “You were over at Sarah’s weren’t you?” I asked him with a smirk.  “Maybe.” He smiled.  “Well, then you know that I’m pregnant again.” I kissed him lightly.  “Why didn’t you tell me?” He asked.  “I haven’t seen you and I just found out.  Sarah only knew because SHE had the appointment.” I smiled.  “I hope it’s a boy, but I’ll settle for anything healthy.” He kissed me.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:  Thank you so much for reading this story.  I'm going to go back and edit it now.  This is the end because I can't drag it out any more without losing focus of what the story is about.  There isn't going to be a sequel or anything like that.  Thank you again for reading!