Chapter 8

Dylan’s POV

I went downstairs to check on Sam and saw that his cell was empty.  I called a Jason.  “Hello?” He answered the phone.  “Jason, its Dylan.” I stated.  “What’s up?” He was so casual.  “Jason, Sam is missing from his cell.” I tried to remain calm.  “What do you mean?!” Jason was getting worked up.  “I mean, I just came down here to check on him and the cell is empty.  The cuffs are still in there and the door is open.  He is missing.” I told him.  “Alright, I’ll let everyone in the area know to be on the lookout.”  He said and hung up.  I ran up the stairs and was greeted by Sarah, Elle and Sylvia.  “Sam’ gone.” I said.  I saw the panic in Elle’s eyes but she contained it.

“What are we going to do?” She asked me.  “I don’t know, send out a search party?” I questioned.  I had no idea what should be done in this situation.  “Sound the alarm letting them know there was an escape, then form teams to go out and search.” Elle told me.  She was in control and it was sexy as hell.  I had to stay focused on what needed to be done.  I hit the button sounding the alarm and within minutes everyone was standing in the training compound waiting to be briefed. 

“Thank you for coming.  I sounded the alarm because Sam Foster was caught in the house last night and in the office.  We aren’t sure what he was looking for or what he was up to but we placed him in one of the cells.  This morning, the cell was empty.  We need to find him and bring him back alive.  We think he may be working with the Blair’s but until we can question him, we won’t know for sure.” I informed everyone.  “Let’s break into groups and search the area.  It’s been about four hours since someone last checked on him, so he’s had four hours to get away.” I realized then that I didn’t know who the last person was to check on Sam.  Maybe someone let him out.  “Elle.” I whispered.  “I already thought of that and my Dad was the last one to check on Sam.  It’s only been an hour because my Dad just left him an hour ago.” She told me.  I looked at her wondering how she knew all this.  “I called my Dad while you were getting everyone together.” She smiled at me.  “Correction, it’s only been an hour.  Let’s see if we can find him.” I said and people broke into teams and started to leave the compound.

“Elle, stay close to me.  If he is working with the Blair’s you’re an easy target.” I said pulling her closer to me.  “Dylan, I can handle myself.” She told me as she pulled away from me a little.  “I’m sorry.  I just don’t want to lose you again.” I whispered.  “I know.” She smiled squeezing my hand.  We took off and headed west.  “Dylan.  Do you see this?” She pointed to the ground.  I looked to where she was pointing and there were drops of blood.  We followed the drops into the woods and that’s when we found Sam.  He was battered, bruised and bloody.  Elle ran over to him seeing him like that didn’t make him a threat.  “Sam! Sam!” She called his name.  His eyes opened and drooped closed again.  “Who did this to you?!” I asked him.  “Connor.” He whispered.  I stiffened realizing what he said.  If he was left like this here then that meant that he was still close.  I turned around to see that Elle had walked away and was heading further into the woods.

“Come out you coward!” I heard her yell.  She stood in the middle of the clearing in the forest.  She watched her surroundings, scanning the area for Connor.  “You’re nothing but a coward! Your father was a coward and you are following in his footsteps!  No wonder the only reason you have control over you association is because you are threatening them!” She yelled.  I watched her from a distance because if she was caught off guard I would be there to help her.  “He’s coming for her.” Sam said weakly.  “What do you know?” I turned my attention to Sam.  “He blames her for all the hatred between the two organizations, he blames her for her father’s change and most of all he blames her for his father’s death.  He wants her dead so you will know what it’s like.” He whispered.  My breath hitched.  “Why does Connor hate her so much?  How is Elle the one to blame?” I asked.  “Connor’s father, Elliot, was involved with Jasmine.  Elliot changed; he no longer wanted to run the organization how it was being run.  Connor knew it was your mother corrupting him.  Elle was the one who killed Jasmine, after Jasmine died Elliot lashed out on everyone and everything.  He wanted to kill Elle for what she did to him.  Elle is the first born; she has the most influence over everyone.  She can change the way the associations are run, all of them.  Not just hers and that scare the shit out of Connor.” Sam said softly.