Chapter 5

Copyright © 2011 Noel Elizabeth

Dylan’s POV

I woke up and saw that Elle was still wrapped in my arms.  I tried not to move too much, I didn’t want to wake her up.  She looked so angelic when she was sleeping.  Elle was beautiful and she was mine, at least that’s what that tattoo keeps reminding me. I felt her stir in my arms and I couldn’t help but watch her sleep.  “It’s not nice to stare.” She mumbled.  I let out a chuckle and slid out of bed.  Today, I had to go back to the school; things were happening there that needed to be dealt with.  Elle had to go with me; she wasn’t going to be alone where there was a chance that she could be taken from me.  I turned on the water for the shower and let it warm up.  Finally, it was warm enough for me to hop in.  There was a light knock on the door before I heard it open.

“Dylan?” I heard Elle whisper.  “Yes?” I wasn’t sure what she wanted.  Thoughts about what I’d like to happen just because I was drawn to her started to race through my mind.  “Dylan?” I heard her same my name again.  “I’m sorry, what?” I realized she was talking to me but I missed it all.  “I asked you if I could come in and brush my teeth.  We have to leave soon and I’m ready.” She said quickly.  “Yeah, it’s fine.” I told her and heard her walk in.  There was silence so I went back to my shower, my mind wandering to Elle, how the Blair’s wanted her, the odd things happening at school, my mother being close and then back to Elle.  “Dylan, be ready in five minutes.” Elle said handing me my tooth brush already made up.  I chuckled and brushed my teeth quickly before getting out of the shower.

Five minutes later, I was standing in the living room.  “Alright, let’s all get to school.” I smiled at everyone.  Elle was the first out the door.  The ride to school was quiet, no one was talking.  When we pulled up to the school I could tell something was off.  There was a gasp beside me and I realized that it came from Elle.  “What is it?” I asked her.  Her eyes went wide and then back to the school.  “Everyone go in and act as if nothing is different.  Do not let anyone know that we are here.” She ordered everyone and they quietly got out of the car.  The door closed and Elle turned to me.  “We are in big trouble.” She told me with a hint of fear in her voice.  “What do you mean?” I was confused.  I looked back at the school but I didn’t notice anything different.  Instead of asking her I watched again and I noticed the new students.  They all looked the same, they were all tall and thin, they all had tanned skin and a graceful walk.  “Who are they?” I asked her realizing that they were the new trouble.

“I didn’t think they were still around.  Last I heard their association disbanded because there were only two or three left.  I don’t know how this is possible.” She whispered.  “Who?” I urged her to tell me.  Fear was reflected in her eyes.  “The Fosters.” She whispered.  The name meant nothing to me I had no idea the level of her fear.  “I’ve never heard of them.” I told her.  “There is a reason for that.” She said pulling out her phone.

Elle’s POV

I was in disbelief, this couldn’t be happening.  The Foster’s were no longer a known association.  Just the Duke’s and the Blair’s, if they wanted to reform their association they would have come to us, we were the association that lent them a hand when their numbers started to dwindle.  I called the only person that could confirm this. 

“Hello?” He answered.  “Dad, I have a very important question for you.” I started.  “You have my full attention, Elle.” He told me.  “Are the Foster’s still an association?” I asked.  There was silence on the other end of the line, which confirmed my suspicion.  “Dad, there are Foster’s swarming this school.” I told him breaking the silence.  I saw Dylan looking at me as if I were speaking another language.  “You’re positive?” My Dad asked me finally speaking.  “Yes.” I was more than sure.  “Find out what you can, are you with Dylan?” He asked me.  “I will and yes I am with him.” I was confused as why he was asking that.  “Let me talk to him.” He ordered.  I handed my phone to him.  I’m not sure what was being said but the expression on Dylan’s face was not readable.  Too many emotions stirring for me to get a good read.  I could tell he was getting mad because he kept gripping the steering wheel causing him to have white knuckles.  I watched as he hung up the phone and handed it to me.  “What did he say?” I asked him.  “You’re not going to like it.” He said getting out of the car.