Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Silvia and Dylan looked at me wide eyed.  “You said you’re an original Duke?” Silvia spoke up.  I nodded my head.  “Do I share the same mother as Dylan or father?” She whispered.  “You actually have the same father, different mothers.”  I told her.  “Who is she?” She was eager to know, but the sad thing was that her mother was dead.  “I’m sorry Sil, your mother died in child birth.” I pulled her into a hug as I heard her let out a gasp.  “Can I see my father?” She asked.  I looked at Dylan.  “My father would want to know about another child.” He said shrugging his shoulders.  “Why don’t you call him in the morning?” I suggested looking at the clock.  “That’s a good idea.  Silvia, go to bed.  I will make the call in the morning and let you know when he wants to meet you.” Dylan said giving her a hug.

Silvia left the room and I was left there with only Dylan.  “Elle, I think we need to have a talk.” He said quietly.  I wasn’t sure what he was going to want to talk about but I figured eventually we would have to talk.  I nodded my head.  “Not here, too many ears.” He said grabbing my hand and pulling me to his, our room.   He closed the door and locked it.  I walked over and sat on the edge of the bed.  My heart started to race with the look that Dylan was giving me.  I knew how to keep my cool but being locked in a room with Dylan, MY Dylan, made my heart race.  I thought calming thoughts like my mother taught me; soon enough my heart beat was back to normal.  “You wanted to talk?” I said evenly.  He walked over to me and sat right next to me.

“We need to talk about this.” He said pointing between the both of us.  “Alright.” I wasn’t sure what he was going to do.  He always had the option to not want the girl that was made for him.  Neither of us would be harmed, we would just go about our lives as normal.  He had all the abilities that I needed to be an unstoppable assassin and I had the ones that he needed.  Sure, we could learn the skills but working together is much more graceful.  I once saw a tattooed couple fight together, he was strong and she was graceful.  When they fought it was like watching a dance.  “Elle?” I heard my name being called.  “Hmmm?” I responded.  “Did you hear anything that I said?” He asked me raising his eyebrow.  “Sorry, no.” I heard him let out a sigh.

“I said, for us to be together I want more proof.   Yes that kiss was amazing and it stirred emotions in me like no other kisses have before but I want to know for sure.” He looked at me.  “You want us to fight together?” I asked him.  He nodded his head.  “Alright, set it up.” I told him.  “You’ll fight with me just like that?” He was shocked.  “Yes, have you ever watched a tattoo couple fight?” I smiled up at him.  “No, I haven’t.” He looked to the floor.  “Record the fight.  I want to see us in action.  It’s graceful.” I stood up and walked over to my bag and grabbed out a clean set of pajamas.  I knew Dylan was still in the room but I no longer cared.  Slowly, I started to undress; I stood there in my underwear and bra and felt hands on my waist.  “When did you get these?” He asked tracing my scars. I had to think about which scars he was talking about.

I reached my hands behind me and grabbed his.  “This scar,” I said trailing his fingers over it again “is from when I was 12 years old.  Jasmine and I were on a mission, I was the bait for the night.  I stood there in the lobby of a hotel and pretended to be lost.  I saw our target walking towards us.  He led me to an empty room and pulled a knife on me.  He cut me and then Jasmine took him out.” I started to trail his fingers over other scars and told him the stories that went with them.  “I’m sorry that you never had anyone other than your mother.” He said quietly.  I spun around quickly to face him.  “My mother and I were a great team, I don’t regret it.  My father agreed the only way to keep me safe was to stay on the move.  Blair’s want me because I am the first born.” I smiled at him and guided his fingers to one last scar.  The scar was on my chest and I felt his breath hitch as his fingers trailed along the scar.  “How did you get this one?” He asked.