Chapter 7

Dylan’s POV

The day passed by slowly.  I sat in the gym with Elle by my side.  She was distant because she was formulating a plan.  Whatever was going on in that mind of hers had her writing things down and occasionally smiling to herself.  She was lost in a thought as I moved closer to her.  I was watching the girls train and I saw a huge difference between how we were doing it and how the Blair’s were.  The Blair’s were only learning basic self-defense moves; where we were learning full fledge combat techniques. 

“They see girls as weak links.” She whispered.  I was startled by her because this is the first that she’s spoken all day.  “What do you mean?” I asked her.  “Watch.” She said getting up and heading down to where the Blair girls were.  They all looked at her with surprise.  She pointed to a girl, I saw her she was by far the strongest of them.  Elle pulled her forward and said something to her.  The girl went on the attack and charged at her.  Elle was able to side step her and get her in a head lock with her arm tucked behind her back.  She pushed the girl away and pointed to another girl who was the weakest of them all.  She came forward and did the same thing.  This girl was different she looked Elle over first and then she attacked.  Her eyes were going to give her away but at the last second she changed her direction and had Elle pinned to the floor.  Elle smiled at her while the other girl snubbed her.  She walked back up to me.

“The first girl is strong but she doesn’t think it through, the second girl is weak but she smart.  If we combine their qualities they will be able to defend themselves.  We need to get the boys in here to work with them.  Duke boys with Blair girls and Blair boys with Duke girls.” I looked at her incredulously.  “No.” I said flatly.  She narrowed her eyes at me.  “Why the hell not?” I had to think before I said anything.  “Why do we need the boys in there and with different associations?” I asked her.  “Duke’s will teach the Blair’s what they need to know.  Pair them up and have them train together.” She suggested.  “Fine, but the first time anyone gets hurt its over.” I told her.

“Elle.” I said quietly.  “Yes?” She looked at me.  “What are you planning in that beautiful head of yours?” I asked taking her hand.  “Well, mostly it’s about getting the Foster’s the numbers they need and how to make sure the Blair girls are able to defend themselves if attacked.” She was holding something back.  “And?” I prodded.  Her eyes went wide and her shock was replaced with a mischievous smile.  “I told you earlier this morning.” She got up and left me sitting there thinking about something she might have said this morning.  My phone vibrated. ‘Before school and before you got dressed.’  Now she was teasing me, the only thing I said was about controlling myself and she said I wouldn’t have to wait much longer.  Holy crap she was thinking about that? 

Elle’s POV

All day I’ve been thinking about how to convince the Blair’s to join the Foster’s.  I watched the girls in gym as they were sparring.  They weren’t good but there were a few that had potential.  The boys needed to be in there with them, they could use the practice, why not.  Dylan tried to shoot me down at first but then I convinced him.  He wanted to know what I was thinking about I told him the first two things.  He knew I was holding back.  When I told him that it was about what I told him earlier this morning, he looked stunned.  I knew I was far enough from him when I sent him the message. ‘Before school and before you got dressed.’  I hoped that would jog his memory.  Dylan was it for me but it was fun to tease him.

“Elle.” I heard my name.  I turned around and saw Sam.  “Hey Sam.” I smiled at him.  He smiled back at me.  “So, can I ask you a question?” He said moving in closer.  “Sure, but it doesn’t mean I’ll answer.” I told him watching his move.  “Are you with Dylan?” He asked taking a step closer.  “With how?” I asked him.  “You know, dating him.” He said not taking his eyes off me.  I stepped away from him.  “I’m not interested, Sam.” His eyes narrowed.  I backed away from him and headed back to where Dylan was standing.  “Hey, you okay?” He asked me.  I shook the thoughts of Sam away.  “I’m fine.  Can we go home?” I asked him.  We walked side by side and I felt Sam’s eyes on us.