1. Testosterone

There’s a Rebel in my Bed!

                                                 Chapter 1 – Testosterone

                             Song of the Chapter: Lights by Ellie Goulding (2010)

Please Vote (80) and Comment (50) 

 “Evan!”

I jumped at the sound of mom’s voice and scurried into the kitchen.

I peaked inside the room, sticking in just my head before fully entering. This was the first time I’ve seen her for the morning and the awkward tension that the entire room oozed was immensely uncomfortable and that little voice in the back of my head began screaming.

My mom knew I wasn’t a virgin anymore.

I couldn’t stop the redness from attaching itself to my face but luckily she stood at the counter with her back to me.

I swallowed before answering, “You called me?”

Finally she spun around and with a little smile she nodded. “I need you to babysit the house for me today.”

“But I’m going on a date.”

She gasped. “You’re going on a date? With you? God, not that Alex boy!?”

I chuckled at her reaction. “No mom, it’s not him.”

The look on her face was skeptical and coupled with the folded arms; I knew I wasn’t going anywhere today. “You’re staying here Evan. Final. You can invite him to dinner tonight.”

My eyes expanded to moon size. “Mom, do you not remember what happened the last time I invited a boyfriend to dinner with my parents?”

“Yes, I’m still receiving letters for a group visit to the Dr. Phil show on families.” She picked up her purse and slung it on her shoulder “Now, I’ll be back by four, dinner at eight. Try to keep the house in order honey.”  I groaned and stomped my feet. She smiled and kissed my forehead. “I love you too honey.” With that, she exited the room and the house.

“Guess you’re stuck here with me.”

I jumped at the round of the voice and quickly spun around. K stood by the sliding doors that led to the patio in our backyard with an bitten apple in his hand.
“How the hell did you get there?”

He moved inside, throwing the apple into the trash bin and sat on top of the counter. “Evelyn’s gone, so I guess we’re alone.”

I folded my arms across my chest. “You didn’t answer my question.”

“Then stop asking it.”

Rolling my eyes, I placed an elbow onto the counter. “You’re such a douche.”

He raised an eyebrow. “Then why do you love me?”

It was my turn to raise that eyebrow. “Who said anything about love?”

He jumped off the edge of the counter paced to the other side across from me. “Romance novels.”

I paused for a moment and just blinked with a vacant expression. “Romance Novels, really?”

“Yeah. We start off as strangers who meet by chance.” He climbed on top of the counter. “Then, we become friends, before you know it we’re always bumping into one another and giving advice, then comes feelings, then a fight,” he balled his fist before placing it over his heart, “then love.” He came down and return to his position before smiling from the other end.