14. Poisonous Part 2/2

There’s a Rebel in My Bed!

                                  Chapter 14 – Poisonous Part 2/2

                 Song of the Chapter: What Now by Rihanna (2012)

It’s baaaccck. VOTE! : 90 and COMMENT: 50 pwease?

“The party was rad dude.”

I smiled; a little fake but it was understandable. That was at least the sixteenth time today (not counting the lunch lady or the librarian) that someone had congratulated either me or Evelyn on a job well done on Monday’s welcome back party.

Vaguely familiar faces offered me smiles, voices that I couldn’t quite place spoke to me for the first time I’ve been here and it was weird. Especially since it was a few days ago and it was still anything everyone could talk about.

“It looks like we have a brand new ‘It’ Boy walking these halls.” Kimmy said, cruising next to me, looking just as taken back by all the smiles aimed in my direction.

“So it seems.” I mumbled.

She frowned, “You don’t seem too excited.”

“Being popular is the least of my concerns right now.”

We made a stop at her locker in the middle of the hallway. She opened hers, darting her eyes between me and her lock. “What’s going on?”

I sighed, “Nothing of importance.”

She rolled her eyes, “You always say that.” She opened the door and turned towards the mirror, playing with her blonde, pink striped hair. “But we both know something is going on, so you might as well tell me.”

“Nothing” I lied, “I promise.”

She stopped and looked at me through her mirror with knowing, worried eyes but ultimately dropped the subject, “So, how’s the new teacher? According to the lunch time talk show that occurs in the girl’s bathroom, he’s apparently a bad boy with swooning good looks, ocean deep dimples and an impressive bulge.”

I rolled my eyes playfully, “Females.” I muttered, “He’s…interesting, I guess.” If you liked the murdering, blackmailing type.

“Boring interesting or hot interesting?”

I chuckled, “I’ll let you know when I decide.”

“Decide what?”

I smiled at the voice and turned to meet Bobby standing behind us, more so to the left of me with a single strap from his backpack lazily hanging barely on his shoulder. That smiled faded once my eyes met who accompanied him and stood directly adjacent from me. Chris was looking rather tired and avoided my gaze per usual.

My frown deepened and my eyes slowly, sadly, drifted back over to Bobby, “Nothing…” I muttered, fading off into the distance as the feeling of awkwardness gently floated into the air.

Kimmy closed her locker and stepped forward, placing a hand on my shoulder, “This is the first time since school reopened that The Fab Four have all been together in one place.”

“Unfortunately.” Chris muttered, looking down at his feet. I didn’t think it was possible, but my frown worsened at his soft but damaging response. “I have to get to class early.” He mumbled and turned to leave; but, before he could walk off, I grabbed him by his baby blue collar t-shirt.