16. The Kasper & Evan Confessionals

There’s a Rebel in My Bed!

                             Chapter 16: The Kasper and Evan Confessionals

                          Song of the Chapter: Irresistible by One Direction (2012)

 A surprise chapter. Suprise me by VOTING (90) and commenting (50) 

 “Kasper?” I mumbled and on instinct stepped closer to him only to be reminded by Chris’s tight and sudden grip that Kasper could be dangerous.

 He smiled, “Hey, Evan.” His voice was low and husky. “How’ve you been?”   

 “How do you think?” Bobby spat from the left of me, “The kid found baby limbs in his bed.”

 Kasper’s smile faltered as his foggy blue eyes darted suspiciously between the three foreigners, “Can I talk to you in private, Evan?”

 “No.” Kimmy answered quickly and sharply for me – whether it was wanted or not.  “You’re with that Tank guy and we’re not going to let you hurt Evan anymore.”

 Chris stepped forward, “Whatever thing you have for him is over. He has a boyfriend with a future that won’t get him killed.” Kasper stepped forward and Chris audibly hissed like an animal. K stopped in his tracks but hardly looked frightened. “Any closer and I’ll snap you in half.”

 That arrogant glint that Kasper got whenever he spoke to Jacob bloomed in his eyes and just before he could open his mouth to retort to Chris, I shouted. “Enough!” Kasper closed his mouth and glanced over at me with the look of overconfidence missing. “Kasper – outside– now.”

 Chris turned to stare at me, eyes gaping along with his mouth. “Ev-”

 “Chris.” I blurted, “I’ve got this.” I said, my eyes returned to Kasper. “Now.” I warned and without a second of hesitation, he exited.

 I stared to walk towards the door before Chris grabbed my arm. “If he tries anything.”

 “I can handle myself against K, Chris.” I assured him and rested a calming hand on his, “Really.”

 He sighed and glanced back at the other two that wore expressions akin to his. His eyes returned to mine before he nodded and released me.

 I exhaled before I trudged slowly towards the door and before I could rest my hand on the knob, the handle spun by own its own, opening all the same, to reveal the black night sky that was home to the chaotic thunder storm. I peered out, grabbing Chris’ jacket off of the rack and stepping into the night.

 Kasper placed himself near the edge of the porch with his back to me, sitting on the first step that led to the door. I bit my lip, thinking if I should keep my distance from him.

I wasn’t afraid of Kasper: the boy – man – himself; but, I would be lying if I said I wasn’t suspicious that he was the one who might have placed the sick basket in my bed. And though I doubt he butchered a baby’s body himself, if he was sick enough to put it in my bed, he was dangerous.

 “You gonna debate if you should come over for the rest of the night?”

 I had to stop myself from jumping at his suddenness. I opted to fold my arms across my chest from the door, “What are you doing here, K?”