Lie To Me {12}

“Shailer!”

                I spun to face Tattle as he hurried to catch up to me. I was walking towards Coach’s office for day two of our wonderful little session.

                “Hey can we…can we stop with the fighting? Just let me do my thing, and leave me alone,” he said quietly, his eyes dropping to the floor nervously.

                I raised an eyebrow at him. “Stop your gossiping, and I’ll leave you alone,” I said simply and he looked up and into my eyes. He really did have nice eyes.

                 “It’s who I am Shailer,” he said defensively. “Tattle, shut up. You sound stupid,” I said and rolled my eyes. He glared, but not really angrily. Just defensively.

                “Come on. I just want to stop fighting with you,” he said. I shrugged. “Maybe,” I said and continued on down the hall. He stared after me for a second before following me.

                We went to Coach’s office and I knocked on the door. She came out and nodded at the same gym. We went in and she locked the doors, the three desks back where they had been yesterday.

                Tattle and I sat down across from each other and Coach sat next to us. She sighed and looked at the two of us as we avoided eye contact yet again. Man, I really didn’t want to be here right now. I’d rather have another “appointment”.

                “Now Shailer and William, today we’re going to talk about how it came that William told everyone,” she said and I groaned in annoyance.

                “Can we not talk about that?” I whined, shooting Coach a desperate look. I really, really, really didn’t want to talk about that. That was just…gah. Awful.

                Coach shook her head at me and gave me a stern look. “It’s important. Now tell me exactly what happened,” she said and looked at us, wondering who would start this whole story.

                I sighed and decided I would start. “Okay, okay. So it went down like this,” I started. “My friends and I were at this party and there was this really…

                “…cute guy over there,” I said quietly and pointed at him. Clyde knew I was gay. Chelsea didn’t, but I was planning to tell her soon. She was over getting us beers right now.

                “I’m straight, so no comment,” he said and pat me on the back. I pouted. “Shut up,” I whined and went back to staring at the cute guy. I mean god mother fucking damn. He was pretty attractive. Not as attractive as me, of course, but then again it should be illegal to be as sexy as I was.

                “Are you going to talk to him?” Clyde asked curiously and I stared him like he was crazy. I shook my head violently.

                “No! I don’t want everyone to know I’m gay,” I mumbled and blushed a little. Clyde gave me a sympathetic look.

                “Shailer, who cares if you’re gay? Be gay and proud,” he said with an encouraging smile. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. “I’m just not ready for everyone to know I’m gay yet,” I said with a nervous shrug.

                “You’re gay?”

                Oh fuck. Oh fuck, fuck, fuck! Clyde and I spun to face Tattle Lambert. He had a curious expression on his face and a beer in his hand.