Lie To Me {7}

“THANK GOD FOR THE WEEKEND!” I screamed as the bell exploded to let us out of class. It was Friday, and I was excited as hell. Clyde and Chelsea were coming over to spend the night at my house tonight. I was forcing my mom to take us to Wal-Mart after school to get chips, soda, movies, candy, popcorn, and whatever the hell else we would need to have a fun time tonight.

                “But you have detention,” Clyde pointed out and stuck his tongue out at me. I pouted. “Shut up,” I grumbled and he laughed. “You should stay and help me. Then I’ll be done faster and we can go to Wal-Mart sooner!” I whined but Clyde shook his head and grinned.

                “Nope! Your mom said she would pick me and Chelsea up after she got you from detention. You’re on your own,” he said smugly. I flipped him off and grumbled out a string of cuss words. Some best friend he was…

                “Walk me to detention!” I said and jumped on his back. “No way! I’ll miss my bus!” he whined. “That’s the point,” I said with a smirk and he dropped me off his back. “Ah! Shit! I think I just broke my ass! I bet my doctor would say that I should go straight home. No detention!” I said and Clyde rolled his eyes. “You’ll be done in an hour. Bye Shailer!” he said with a wave and hurried outside to catch his bus. “Bastard!” I called before grabbing my bag and going to my locker.

                I exchanged a few books before sighing and shutting my locker. I shoved my books in my bag and made my way back to lint head’s office. This was going to drag on forever. I could just tell. God damn. Why did they have to give detentions on a Friday of all days?!  I was a teenager. I had a life on a Friday night, thank you very much!

                I let myself into the office and picked up the two washcloths. Tattle was sitting on the janitor’s desk with two washcloths sitting in his lap. He was staring absentmindedly at the ceiling.

                The janitor came in holding the bucket of water and nodded at us to follow him. He took us to the boys’ bathroom in the math hallway and let us in. We dunked one of the washcloths into the bucket and got to work once the janitor had left.

                “Man, I hate how they make us do this on a Friday,” I whined. I was too hyper to stay quiet, even if Tattle hated me. I just felt like talking. I was excited for tonight, and staying quiet for an hour while we worked just wasn’t going to be possible for me.

                “Who cares?” Tattle’s voice floated to me from the stall next to me and I could imagine him shrugging. “What, you don’t have plans?” I asked curiously. How could someone not have plans on a Friday night? That was just crazy. Absolutely mental. Friday’s were nights to let loose and have some fun after a long, hard week of school and work. I would go absolutely out of my freaking mind, well, more so than already, if I didn’t have plans on a Friday night.

                “Nope,” Tattle said casually. “Dude, how do you not have anything better to do on a Friday night than clean the stalls of the boys’ bathroom?!” I cried. Even someone like Tattle should have something to do on a Friday night. Go to party in search of gossip, walk his dog, fap to porn…anything!

                “I just don’t have plans,” he said. “Oh this just won’t do. It is a Friday and you’re going to get excited for it!” I said sternly, dropping the washcloth and going over to my bag. I pulled out my iPod and flicked through my songs.

                “If you play Rebecca Black’s song, I will go all Harry Potter and kill a Black,” he said in annoyance. I smirked. “Harry Potter reference. I like it. Rebecca Black. I don’t like it. Bring Me The Horizon time!” I cheered and played Football Season Is Over.