Lie To Me {19}

***Tattle’s POV***

                I left Shailer’s and made my way to the graveyard. I stood in front of my mom’s grave and took a deep breath. I had already told her I was bisexual. She may be gone, but she still listened to me.

                “Mom, I’m going to go home and tell dad. Please don’t let him hate me. I don’t want to let him down,” I said quietly.

                I bit my lip. “I’m going to go tell him now. I’ll be back later. I love you,” I said and smiled softly at her grave before leaving the graveyard. I walked all the way home and could see that my dad’s rocking chair was empty. That meant he was probably inside, high as a plane.

                I entered the house and called out for him. “Dad!” I called, cupping my hands around my mouth to make the sound louder. “Dad! I need to talk to you!”

                “I’m in the living room William!” he called back. Just from his voice, I could tell he was high. Not as high as usual, but high nonetheless.

                “Weed, weed, the magical drug. The more you smoke, the more you love,” I grumbled as I made my way towards the living room. I hated that my dad smoked weed. I liked it when he was sober. But I could understand the pain of losing his wife.

                I entered the living room and he glanced at me as he shut the drawer, trying to hide his bowl and weed from my sight. But his pupils gave it all away.

                “Dad I…I have to tell you something. Promise you won’t get mad?” I asked, my voice going small and afraid. What if he was disappointed in me? What if this knowledge hurt him? Hell, I never wanted to hurt my dad. I loved him so, so much. Him and his brother, my Uncle Craig, were all I had left.

                “What is it William? What did you do?” he asked, looking at me suspiciously. Oh god. Mom, please, please, please don’t let him be mad at me. I bit my lip and dropped my gaze from his.

                “I, uh, I’m bisexual,” I said quietly.

                It went silent, and my heart rate increased. I dropped my head in shame. “I’m sorry dad. I’m so, so, so sorry. You hate me, don’t you?” I whispered.

                He got up and came over to me. He wrapped his arms around me tightly. I could smell the weed and cigarette smoke on him. It made me cough a little, and he hugged me even tighter.

                “William, I’ll never hate you. You’re my son, and you’re the only child to me and the most beautiful woman in the world. And on her death bed, she begged me to always love you and be there for you. I don’t give a shit what gender you like. Hell, you can like to have sex with trees for all I care. I ain’t gonna judge you,” he said gently.

                I hugged him back, relief flooding through me. “Thank you dad. I love you,” I whispered and he smiled softly.

                “You with that boy that was at the house? The blond kid?” he asked and I bit my lip and shrugged. “Kind of,” I said nervously.

                “He looks like Spongebob,” dad said and laughed a little at himself. I rolled my eyes and nodded. “Sure dad. Sure,” I said and laughed.

                He gave me a slight shove. “Now go to bed William. You have school tomorrow,” he said, his eyes darting back to the drawer. I mentally sighed. He wanted to get fucked up again.