Lie To Me {27}

“Om nom nom I like gum too!” I said in annoyance as my teacher chewed and snapped her gum like there was no tomorrow. She turned and glared at me.

                “Shailer Murphy! You need a filter between your brain and your mouth!” she snapped.

                “And you need gum chewing classes. You sound like a freaking cow,” I snapped right back.

                She pointed at the door. I gathered my stuff and slung my bag over my shoulder. “More than pleased to leave, Madam Cow,” I said and pleasantly stuck my middle finger up at her before leaving the classroom.

                I stormed down the hall and spotted Chelsea walking down the stairs. I hurried after her and grabbed her arm. She faced me and narrowed her eyes.

                “Chelsea, please talk to me!” I begged. She wasn’t answering my calls or texts. She hadn’t talked to me since I left my phone on the bus.

                “No,” she growled and yanked her arm out of my grip. ‘I warned you that he was going to do this Shailer. And I told you I wasn’t going to be your shoulder to cry on when it happened. You chose him over me. Piss off.”

                She turned and began to walk away from me. I caught her arm again and spun her around, looking into her eyes desperately.

                “Chelsea, please! I need your help. I need to make Tattle listen to me so he knows what really happened. Please help me. I’m sorry I was mean to you. You were talking bad about my boyfriend. Of course I was angry. Please help me Chelsea. We’re best friends,” I begged.

                “Shut up Shailer. We’re best friends because you need me. As soon as you got Tattle back, you’d ditch me. But I’m not helping you. This is your fault,” she said and hurried away from me, angry and hurt.

                I took a deep breath before heading down the stairs slowly. I made my way to the principal’s office and let myself in.

                I dropped into the chair in front of the secretary’s desk. She actually looked at me with some shock.

                “Mr. Murphy! I haven’t seen you here in awhile, not counting when you were attacked by Mr. Lambert. What brings you hear?” she asked.

                I winced a little when she mentioned Tattle attacking me. “I told my teacher she was chewing gum like a freaking cow. She mad, bro.”

                “Mr. Murphy, I highly recommend keeping your mouth closed from now on. It seems to get you in unnecessary trouble,” she said simply.

                “You ain’t kidding,” I grumbled and reached in my bag. I pulled out a book and flipped it open, reading as I waited for the principal to call me in and drench me in spit.

                The door opened and I turned and froze. Tattle pretended not to notice me and sat down, pulling out a book of his own.

                “Hi Tattle,” I said quietly. He ignored me. “Hi Tattle!” I said louder. Ignored again. I leaned over, my lips basically in his ear. “HI TATTLE!”

                He slapped me and I backed away from him a little. “Shut up Shailer!” he snapped in annoyance, glaring at me.

                “I was texting Chelsea everything you told me, and I dropped my phone and didn’t notice, and Javier took it and read through my messages,” I said, speaking quicker than I ever had in my life so that he couldn’t shut me up before I was done.