Lie To Me {3}

“Hi Shailer,” he said with a wide smirk. I pulled out my earphones, stuck them in my ears, and cranked The Kooks while I ignored Tattle. I could see him roll his eyes out of the corner of my eye. Whatever. I just wanted him to leave me the hell alone. I hated him with a passion.

                I pulled out my Stephen King book and flipped open to the page I had left off on. I went promptly to reading it, trying my hardest to ignore the fact that Tattle was sitting next to me. I swear if he tried to talk to me again, I would break his sorry nose. Or rip his lips off so that he couldn’t tattle anymore. Yea, that second one sounded like the best option.

                Someone poked my arm and I sighed in annoyance and pulled one of my earphones out. I placed my bookmark and turned to face the kid who had poked my arm.

                “What?” I asked in annoyance. “Hey, can you ask Tattle about Jessica?” he whispered to me. I looked over and saw that Tattle was eagerly talking to a small group of kids that had herded around him to hear about Jessica.

                “No I damn well cannot!” I snapped. “It’s none of your business. It’s none of his business. He needs to shut his fat fucking mouth.”

                Tattle looked up and over at me. He smirked widely. “Look who’s talking, cock sucker,” he said smugly. I clenched my fists tightly and glared at him. “What the hell do you know?” I growled. He laughed and leaned back in his chair, tipping it.

                “I’m Tattle. I know everything,” he said, a cocky look in his eyes. “Did you know how embarrassing it is to fall?” I asked innocently. He looked at me curiously and I shot my foot out, causing his tipped chair to fall back. Tattle spilled onto the floor and the kids in the room exploded into laughter. I grinned. “Oops.”

                The teacher shot up and glared. “Shailer Murphy!” he cried angrily. I waved my hand at him dismissively and laughed. “Yea, yea, yea. An extra day of detention; I know. It was worth it,” I said calmly, smiling pleasantly at Tattle as he scrambled to his feet.

                He fixed his chair and glared at me. “Just wait until I get something on you, Shailer. You’re lucky I’m not dirty like you, otherwise I could just make some shit up and everyone would believe it,” he growled.

                I let out a disbelieving laugh. “Did you really just say you’re not dirty? Tattle, you go around wrecking peoples’ lives just to get a little attention because you’re too pathetic to have any friends. No one actually likes you; they just like your stories. I hope you’re proud of yourself,” I said coldly.

                “Oh, I am,” he said smugly. He sat down and laughed before turning back to the small group of kids he had been talking to before. He went on talking about Jessica as if none of the shit between me and him had just gone down. I knew for a fact that the kids in detention would be eagerly spreading it around the student population by tomorrow. Anyone that challenged Tattle instantly became a hot topic. Challenging Tattle would send him after you, desperate to find something to tattle on you about. He usually succeeded, too.

                But with me, he wouldn’t succeed. I didn’t have anything to hide. Well, nothing that he could ever find out about. Plus, I wasn’t afraid of Tattle, not in the slightest.

                He didn’t have any friends to back him up, so he really wasn’t a threat. He was just plain annoying. So he could go ahead and take a crack at trying to embarrass me. We’d see just how far he got with that little plan of his. There was nothing he could use to embarrass me. Nothing to tattle on me about. With me, it was all out in the open.