Lie To Me {24}

***Tattle’s POV***

                “Are you going to be okay?” I asked Shailer the next day as I helped him fold up the blankets he had let Clyde and I borrow last night.

                He sighed and nodded as he finished folding the last blanket. “Yea. It’ll blow over. We’ve fought a few times before. I just hate fighting with Clyde or Chelsea,” he said sadly.

                I leaned over and pressed my lips to his deeply. He smiled when I pulled away and stood up with the blankets in his arms. He carried them back to the closet he had gotten them from before returning to his room. He pulled me to my feet and we went out to the kitchen where Clyde was sitting.

                Shailer made us food and we ate hungrily before Clyde stood up and sighed. “My mom’s here. Bye Shailer. Bye Tattle,” he said with a wave before leaving Shailer’s house.

                Shailer glanced at me and smiled. “Want to go on the trampoline in my backyard?” he offered and I shrugged and nodded. We cleaned up the kitchen before he took my hand and led me outside.

                We crawled onto his trampoline and he began to jump, pulling me into his arms as he did so. I laughed and hugged him tightly as we bounced together.

                “Bouncing like bosses!” Shailer cried happily.

                “Shailer go boom,” I said simply before shoving him so that he fell. He bounced on his back and pouted as I began to jump around him, bouncing him.

                “You butt head!” he whined, trying and failing to stand.

                I finally let him stand up and smiled, kissing him gently. He wrapped his arms around me, laughing and smiling.

                “Want to ride around on the dirt bike for a little?” he offered. I nodded and he took my hand. We jumped off the trampoline together and walked around to the front of his house.

                We went in his garage and he handed me a helmet. I put it on as he put his on. He grabbed the dirt bike and took it out to the driveway. He got on and nodded at me. I got on behind him and wrapped my arms around him.

                “I don’t think I trust you,” I called. “I don’t think I trust me either. But if we die, I don’t think you’ll be complaining,” he called back before starting up the dirt bike and taking off.

                I couldn’t help but smile widely and nearly laugh as he sped around his house. I loved the feeling of speed and going fast. We couldn’t afford a dirt bike or a 4 wheeler, even though my dad and I had always wanted one. We loved going fast. We just didn’t have the money to do it.

                I tightened my grip on Shailer as he took a sharp turn. Over the roar of the wind in my helmet, I could hear Shailer laughing. It made me smile even wider as the wind whipped against the exposed part of my face.

                We rode around for a while before Shailer stopped back in the driveway. He turned to me and smiled. “Do you want to drive?” he offered.

                “Really?” I asked in shock and he nodded and climbed off. I moved up and Shailer got on behind me, wrapping his arms around me and explaining how to drive it.

                “Go slow at first until you get comfortable. Then blast the fuck out of this thing,” he said with a laugh. I started it up and slowly began to make my way around his house.