Lie To Me {26}

***Shailer’s POV***

                “Shailer, you really could’ve worded that better to avoid having him hit you!” Clyde cried as we left the nurse’s office, my cuts cleaned off.

                “Yea, probably,” I mumbled. I slapped my pockets again, hardly able to believe this was happening just because I was so careless. But there was nothing in my pockets, and this really was happening to me and Tattle.

                I had been texting Chelsea on the bus this morning, explaining everything to her. I had told her everything Tattle had told me, just to explain why I honestly thought he had changed. But when I got off my bus, my phone was gone.

                When I stood up, it had probably fallen out of my pocket. With my earphones in, I wouldn’t have heard it and would have left it behind on the bus.

                The same bus Javier rode when he stayed at his dad’s house.

                I had figured I’d just text my mom off Clyde’s phone and have her get it off the bus, but Javier must have picked it up and gone through my messages. Everything Tattle had told me was in my inbox.

                Even his dad getting high and smoking all the time, and his mom being dead.

                “Help me find Javier. I need to get my phone back,” I grumbled, scanning the halls and kids moved to their next period classes.

                “There,” Clyde said, nodding at him. I stormed over to him and shoved him. He looked at my face and exploded into laughter. Travis and Olivier joined in that laughter.

                “Give me my phone you worthless piece of shit! Tattle’s dad isn’t a deadbeat!” I snapped and held my hand out.

                He pulled my cell phone out of his pocket and smirked at me. “Oh this? I saw it fall out of your pocket today. It had a new message from Chelsea,” he said.

                I jumped forward and snatched my phone out of his hand. I brought my fist back to hit him but Clyde grabbed me and yanked me away.

                “You hurt him!” I cried furiously. “You hurt Tattle!”

                “Actually, you did dumbass. Keep better tabs on where your phone is and what’s in your inbox,” he said with a smirk before walking away.

                “Dumbass,” Oliver snickered. “It’s what you both get for being gay. It’s not right,” Travis said in disgust.

                “Shut up! And what you’re doing isn’t any better!” I snapped. He bit his lip nervously but glared. He and Oliver stormed away and hurried to catch up to Javier. I turned on Clyde.

                “Why did you stop me?” I demanded furiously.

                He raised his hands defensively. “If you got in trouble, they might call your parents in,” he said. I froze as I realized what that meant. My dad would’ve found out that the fact that he used to be an alcoholic was flying around the school. He would be so furious with me.

                No. I couldn’t let my dad find out. He would think I was a very, very bad boy.

                I shook my head slowly and gulped. “I need to talk to him, Clyde,” I whispered. Clyde placed a hand on my shoulder and nodded in understanding.