Lie To Me {25}

“What…who else did he tell?” I asked, fury sweeping through me. That sick fuck. Why would he tell people that? I would make him regret it.

                “Oh, the school .You tattled on him, he’s getting back at you,” Javier said and laughed yet again. I glared at him.

                “Yea, well you feel free to tell everyone that Shailer’s dad was an alcoholic,” I said simply. I would find something to tattle on Javier about soon enough, but for right now, I was too hurt to care. I just wanted Shailer to pay.

                My mind flashed and I calmed myself. I said I wouldn’t tell one single person, and I wouldn’t. I would tell a hell of a lot of people. Then that lie about my poor father wouldn’t have to go around. He wasn’t a deadbeat. He worked hard to make sure we could afford to stay in our house. He had worked overtime to give my mom a nice funeral. He did what he could to keep me provided for.

                “Seriously?” Javier asked and I nodded. “And my dad is the farthest thing from a deadbeat,” I said coldly. “And anyone who says he is will fucking pay,” I threatened viciously.

                Javier nodded nervously before turning to his friends. I stormed away from them in search of Shailer. I would hit him so fucking hard.

                “You!” I snapped, seeing Chelsea.

                She turned to me and glared. “What do you want?” she demanded angrily. I went up to her and glared in disgust.

                “You’re a part of it, aren’t you? You’re going around talking shit about my family too, aren’t you?” I asked.

                She got a genuine look of surprise on her face. “What are you talking about? I don’t like you and I sure as hell don’t trust you, but I wouldn’t talk shit about your family,” she said defensively.

                “Shailer is,” I growled. The look of surprise got even greater. “Shailer wouldn’t do that! It’s not like him!” she said furiously.

                “Well he did!” I exploded and walked away from her, my eyes scanning the halls for Shailer. Where the fuck was that backstabber?

                I finally spotted him and went up to him. He looked over at me and gave me a goofy grin. He held his arms out to me and moved towards me.

                “Hi Tat- oomph!” He wrapped his arms around his stomach when I pulled my fist away. My eyes flashed dangerously as he coughed and stared at me in shock.

                “The fuck?” he asked in confusion and coughed again, rubbing his stomach where I had punched him. I narrowed my eyes at him in disgust.

                “You told Javier my mom was dead and my dad is a deadbeat,” I growled.

                His eyes widened and he shook his head furiously. “No I didn’t! Tattle I…I mean…” His eyes widened even more and horror crept into them. “Shit! Shit, Tattle, I did but I didn’t mean to! I swear! Just listen to me,” he begged.

                I swung my fist around quickly and it caught Shailer in the face. He staggered to the side and gently rubbed his cheek.

                “Tattle please! Please listen to me! It was an accident!” he cried desperately as I advanced at him, pure hatred in my eyes.