Chapter 26

Chapter 26-

The next morning my heat was back in full flame! Imagine being doused in gasoline and lit on fire. That's how I felt. As long as I was touching Emmet it cooled down a bit. But when he had Alpha duties I didn't want to help. I didn't like his stuffy office. I mean it was pretty big, but I don't like places without windows.

So I guess it's my own fault for not being near Emmett. I knew if this heat continued to burn me a little longer I would have no choice but to go see him.

I took an ice bath hoping that would help but my body temperature melted it all down the drain.

I sighed and got out to dry myself off. I but on some basketball shorts and a non-revealing tank top. Emmett hated when I went around during my heat like this even though everything was covered. And the basketball shorts went down to my knees. So whenever my heat started he wouldn't allow unmated males in the house unless he was with me. And even then we had to be two floors away so my scent wouldn't call out as much.

I made my way to his office on the top floor.

Knocking on the door I heard him say come in in a gruff voice. He must not have smelt me.

I opened the door and took a seat on the couch in front of him.

"Hey babe." I said.

His head snapped up and he jumped out of his seat over to me. His eyes were pitch black from having my scent in such closed corridors.

He snuggled up to me on the couch pulling me into his arms.

"Kitty, I didn't know it was you." He apologized sniffing my neck.

"That's okay. I just figured we need to talk about Brad." I shuddered when he said his name.

"Kitty, no one will ever touch you again. I'm not gonna let you leave my side ever again. I don't care if we are having a bad fight or something you are staying in my arms." Emmett vowed.

"You are so cute."

"Kitty, I'm not cute. I'm a man. I'm rock solid." He said as he flexed his sexy muscles.

That really got me going.

"Emmett, stop. I can't do that again yet. Every time I think of Brad I just want to die." I mumbled.

"Cat, I love you. You want to know how much? More than a bottomless pit. My love for you will never end. What do you want Brad's punishment to be so you won't be scared anymore. I will always protect you." He said.

"Well, I don't want to have him executed because I don't like death. But if we just exile him again this may happen another time. I think the only choice is death." I say regretfully.

"Well, personally I want to kill him with my bare hands. I want everyone to know you're mine and mine only."

"Em, isn't there a way you can do that? How about his punishment be a fight to the death? Then I wouldn't feel too bad if he died because he deserves it."

"Deal. I can't wait to strangle him with my bare hands." Emmett growled.

-------

Emmett's POV-

I could NOT wait to get a hold of Brad. I haven't gone down to see him in the jail because I knew I wouldn't be able to do anything but kill him.

No one was going to mess with my beautiful mate ever again.

-Jackson, I need you to arrange a fight to the death between Brad and I. Actually just arrange a pack meeting so I can announce this.- I mind linked my Beta.

-Yes sir.-

"It's all been arranged." I inform my mate.

"Okay." She said.

She seemed a little depressed. I'm sure it was because of the fight. I felt bad for suggesting it now.

"Babe, if you aren't okay with the fight I will cancel it. Anything to make you happy. Please, I can't stand to see you upset." I pleaded.

"No it's not that. Today is actually my birthday." She said.

Well I'm a crappy mate. How did I not know that?!?!?

**************************

*Edited*