Epilogue

One year later

The sound of a dogs paws scampering across the hardwood floors echoed through the quiet flat. Phil's heart was pounding loudly, it reminded him of an old memory that took place in the same room he was about to enter. Dan was sat on the sofa going through Tumblr from his laptop, that much hadn't changed. The tiny black and brown pup bounced around Phil's feet before he took one final deep breath and going through the door to the lounge.

"Not now, Bear." Phil whispered while playfully stroking the dog's head.

Phil walked into the room nervously, Dan looked up from his laptop curiously at his boyfriend. Just the sight of Dan made Phil want to run away and hide, although somehow inside himself, he knew that things would be alright.

"What's up?" Dan tilted his head in confusion. His eyes drifted to Phil's hands which couldn't actually be seen behind his back. Dan tried to crane his neck to try and see what Phil was hiding.

Phil's entire body shook with anticipation and nerves. "I wanted to ask you something. It's really important."

"Why does this feel so familiar?" Dan said, still feeling an overall feeling of uncertainty.

Phil bite his lip in an attempt to let out a few of the nerves. He slowly let himself down onto one knee and brought his hands out from behind his back, revealing a small velvet box. Dan clasped a hand over his gaping mouth.

"Daniel James Howell, will you do me the great honour of becoming my husband?"

Dan didn't move.
Phil didn't move.
The room was silent.

"Dan?" Phil said at last.

"Come here." Dan stood from his seat on the sofa and strode towards Phil, finally pulling him close for a hug.

"So, is that a yes?"

"Of course it's a yes!" Dan laughed while pulling away from the hug and taking the velvet box out of Phil's hands. Dan opened the box and slipped the elegant silver wedding band onto his finger.

Dan looked back up at Phil once he was finished admiring the ring. Phil stared right into Dan's brown irises, cupping Dan's face in his own shaking hands. 

"You really are a spork, you know that right?" Phil said weakly.

"Yeah, whatever." Dan rolled his eyes as he pulled Phil in for a kiss.