Chapter 20

(Loki's PoV)

We had gotten away from those two and I was happy we did. I could only imagine what they would have done to me if we didn't get away.

"Are you ok?" she asked me. It took me a second to catch my breath but when I did I answered her.

"I'm fine, are you?" I asked her. She caught her breath and then spoke.

"For the most part," she said as she sat down. She took a deep breath as some of the dark spirals from her arm faded. I sat a few feet across from her.

"They'll be following us again soon, we should get going," she said. I just barely noticed that she struggled to stand.

"Are you sure you are ok, because it doesn't seem like it," I asked her.

"I'm fine, it's just a little headache," she replied. I stood up and listened to the silence. We stood there for a moment and then you could hear the incredibly faint sound of foot steps.

"Let's go," I said as we quickly walked away.

(Clint's PoV)

I stood up after the fall I took. Tony and I had barely dodged that blast. I walked over and helped Tony up.

"Why the hell did she do that?" Tony asked as I helped him.

"Honestly I don't think she meant to. At least I hope she didn't," I said.

"I don't think they got to far so we should head out now," Tony said. I nodded in agreement.

"Why won't she trust us?" I asked Tony even though I knew he wouldn't have the real answer.

"Probably because Loki tricked her," Tony said with anger in his voice.

"That or she's just being hardheade. I honestly don't think Loki has done anything to her, at least not yet," I told him as we started walking.

"But he will do something eventually," Tony said.

"So how long do you think it will take the others to figure out where we went?" I asked in an annoyed tone.

"They probably already know," Tony said as we went silent.

(Steve's PoV)

I woke up and I could tell something was wrong. I had gotten dressed and I knocked on Stark's door. There was no answer, just as I feared there would be. I went to Bruce's room and knocked on the door. When he opened the door he could tell I wasn't happy.

"What happened?" he asked

"It's Tony, he's gone and I think I know where he went," I answered. After we got everyone in the same room, Natasha told us she couldn't find Clint.

"Why would they go after her? I know Tony is hard headed but why would Clint agree to go with him?" Natasha asked.

"I do not think finding Diana was their only reason of going," Thor said in an angry, but also sad tone.

"Thor's right, I think they also want a chance to get revenge on Loki," Bruce said. Thor nearly cringed at the words 'revenge on Loki'.

"We need to find them before they run into Diana and Loki. Diana's anger may get the best of her and she may hurt someone by accident," Thor said.

"So we find Tony and Clint, and bring them back. What if they have already found her?" I asked.

"Then we are in for an interesting trip," Thor said as we headed out to find Tony and Clint.

(Diana's PoV)

We had set up another shelter after hours of walking. I felt like I was going to collapse but I sat down before I did. I could tell Loki was just as tired as I was. My headache was still there but it wasn't as bad as it was when I first used my dark powers. I can't believe I did that, sure I was mad at them but I didn't mean to hurt them. Well almost hurt them, I'm just glad they got out of the way in time. Who knows how bad that would've hurt them. If I can't get this under control soon someone is going to get hurt, and even if I'm mad at them they are still my friends. I don't think I could ever forgive myself if I hurt one of them.

"How close do you think they are?" Loki asked me. I snapped out of my train of thought to answer.

"They are a good distance away, so we should rest for a while," I sighed. I tried to act like I was fine but I couldn't stop thinking about what had happened. I was angry, but I wasn't sure who I was angry at. I didn't know if I was angry and Tony and Clint for coming after me, or if I was angry at myself for what I had done. I could have killed one of them, even Tony's suit wouldn't have stood that much of a chance if that blast hit him. Why did it have to be me who got the dark powers? It could have been anyone else, but no, it had to be me. I didn't notice how far the black spirals where up my arm until I noticed Loki starring at my arm. I tried to ignore it but that didn't help, and that's when Loki's question caught me off guard.

"How did you do that?" he asked me. Did he really just ask me that? Seriously....just....actually that is a good question. How did I do that?

"I don't know," I said honestly. I really didn't know how I did it. I've never really known how it happens, it just kind of does.

"What do you mean you don't know how you did it?" he asked me in a slightly annoyed tone. 

(Loki's PoV)

I was a little shocked. How do you not know how to do something like that?

"I mean, I can't....look it wasn't intentional," she said with the slightest hint of anger in her voice.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked her more annoyed than before.

"You wouldn't understand..," she mumbled under her breath. I nearly lost it but I kept it in. But just barely.

"Tell me," I said with the anger in my voice. It was actually a much calmer tone than what I was feeling. Why was she being so hardheaded? It was just a question, and as if I wouldn't understand.

"I CAN'T CONTROL IT OK?!?" she yelled loudly. I could see the anger in her eyes when she looked at me, but that wasn't the only thing I saw. There was pain and suffering of being lied to her whole life. A lot like me. I noticed her eye color had changed to a very deep blue, and there was a dark aura radiating from her hand. She looked down at her hand in pure terror but she hid the terror well.

"Sorry," she said as she looked away. What did she mean she couldn't control it? It would make sense about how she never used those powers back on Midgard. Diana was silent for the rest of the night. I tried to read her mind but she would always stop me. I did hate it when I couldn't trick others. I mean, I was the God of Mischief.

"Well I'm going to bed," Diana said breaking Asgard's longest silence. She went in her tent and I went in to mine.

(Diana's PoV)

I couldn't fall asleep, and I wanted to just forget that today even happened. I can't believe I did that. I could tell my eyes had change just by how bad the surge of energy was. There was something weird though when it happened. When Loki saw it there wasn't that fear in his eyes, that most of the Avengers had when they saw it.

'Why didn't he seem scared when he saw it, unlike everyone else who has ever seen it? Oh well I can think more about it in the morning,' I thought to myself.

"Have fun thinking about that!" Loki called from his tent.

'LOKI!!!" I thought to myself before I finally fell asleep. Before I completely drifted of I could hear a feint laugh from Loki's tent. Tonight there was no nightmares, surprisingly. No dreams of the past or anything. I haven't slept this good in a long time, but hey I'm not complaining.