Chapter 28

(Diana's PoV)

My eyes burst open and I leaned out of bed. It was the middle of the night and I had been having a nice dreamless sleep, but something made me wake up. This had happened once before, and it had to do with dreams. I did have a little power associated with those things. The last time this happened some one in the same area had a really bad nightmare and for some reason it would wake me up. Sometimes I could see who had the nightmare but sense I was still weak I probably wouldn't be able to tell. But I was going to try anyway.

"Ok, focus. You can do this, just...focus," I said to myself as my hands glowed with a silver aura. There was a feint glow and I could see who had the dream. I was in another bedroom but whoever was in there couldn't see me. I saw Loki sitting on his bed, breathing heavily from his nightmare. I could tell it was pretty bad. I hadn't experienced anyone have a nightmare that bad.

'What could he have dreamt about?' I thought to myself and as soon as I did Loki looked around the room. I quickly let it end, and I was back in my own bedroom.

"Forgot he could do that," I said as I sat back down on my bed. I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight, not with what I just saw. I decided to go for a little walk, outside the palace. I managed to sneak past without any notice, but I had turned myself invisible. When I started to walk around I remembered something. The book. Where was the book? I needed to get the book back! But I couldn't go after it, or at least not on my own. I would just have to forget about it until later. I walked around a little more and I got a strange feeling. When I looked over to that forest type area I had a weird feeling, like something was calling me. Like the idiot I was, I decided to go in and see what this weird feeling was coming from. It took a while but I had reached the center of the forest. It was a dark place, and I thought I wouldn't be able to see anything, until something happened. A tiny shred of silvery light shinned through the leaves on the tree tops. I looked up and now there was a gap in the tree's leaves where there had once been none. The moon shinned through, along with the glittering light of a few stars. I looked back down at the ground again and saw something that wasn't there before. It was a necklace that had a silver crescent that shimmered with spots of gold every here and there. It looked just like the moon when it looked like a crescent, well besides the tiny spots of gold. It felt so familiar so I went to pick it up. That's when something incredible happened. I touched it and there was an explosion of light that shot up into the sky. The colors where pink, orange, and yellow. It was the northern lights.

"Oh....my....god," I said to myself as I watched the beautiful colors dance in the sky for about three minutes before they faded into the sky. I quickly picked up the necklace, that I had dropped while watching the lights, and headed back to the palace.

(Third Person's PoV)

Those lights where seen all over that city. All of the avengers had went over to their windows, or balconies to see them Tony and Bruce wondered what caused them, while Steve, Natasha, and Clint just starred at them in awe. Loki had walked out on his balcony and watched the light and stayed out there long after they where gone. Odin and Frigga had seen them too, as did Thor. But no one cared to notice Diana snuck back into the palace.

(Diana's PoV)

I was able to get back to my room unnoticed and I still couldn't sleep. So I just starred at the necklace I had found. Why was this so familiar? Where had I seen this before, or at least where have I seen this from a time I can actually remember.

'Wait I remember, I had this in my dream. Before Odin banished me, but when he was banishing me I didn't have it. What happened to it?' I thought to myself. I put the necklace in a dresser hoping no one would find it there. Soon morning came, and when I left my room, almost everyone was talking about the northern lights, or the aura borealis that I had made last night. Well the necklace made last night. Soon I ran into the Avengers.

"Diana did you see those things last night?" Steve asked me. Tony went to say something but I began to talk first.

"Yes I did see them, and they aren't things, they are the northern lights, or the aura borealis," I told him.

"Look who became a scientist over night," Tony said sarcastically.

"Shut up," I told him. They all laughed until Bruce started to speak.

"So what do you think caused them?" Bruce asked everyone. I froze sense I had forgotten no one knew I caused it.

"I have no idea," Clint said. Before anything else could be said Thor came walking toward us.

"I assume you saw those lights too?" Thor asked.

"I'm pretty sure nearly everyone in, and near the palace saw them," Natasha said. Then Loki came walking toward us and stopped next to Thor.

"Does anyone have any idea what made those lights?" Loki asked. Loki shot me a glance knowing that I had found out about his nightmare.

"No, we don't know what caused it," Tony said holding back the anger in his voice.

"reindeer games," Tony mumbled to himself, and no one heard it but me. I was going to say something but Thor began to speak.

"Well, Avengers Odin wants to speak with you all. Come with me," Thor said. As the avengers followed him, Thor gave me the motion as if to say, 'no you don't need to come, Odin doesn't want to talk to you' kind of motion. I was honestly happy I didn't have to talk to Odin, I was still mad at him for what he has done. Same with Tony, Clint, and Thor, but I was still upset that I could have killed Thor. So that dulled the anger a little.

"So what where you doing last night?" Loki asked me. I couldn't say I was sleeping because he would know that was a lie. Hmm, how to trick someone impossible to trick.

"Well I was asleep until something happened," I told him. He looked at me and knew exactly what I was talking about.

"So how did you know about my nightmare?" he asked me.

"Well I have powers connected to dreams, and if someone in the same area as me has a really bad dream I can sense it," I told him. His look of confusion faded after that.

"So do you know what happened in the nightmare?" he asked me.

"No I can't tell what happens in the dreams, I can only tell how bad they are...did you want to tell me what happened in the nightmare?" I asked him.