Chapter 38

(Bruce's PoV)

I asked her but she hesitated before answering.

"There was another surge of dark energy from Diana. It was small but I'm still worried," she said with a sigh. I put my hand on her shoulder trying to comfort to comfort her. 

"I'm sure she'll be ok. Back on Earth she was very good at protecting not just herself, but others too," I told her.

"She always was good at helping others, she just never got the recognition she deserved," Tiana said with her sorrow showing. "Your right she can hold on....but not forever,".

"Honestly, I wish I would've learned about her powers sooner. I once had trouble controlling a power I had and maybe I could've helped her learn how to control it," I told her.

"That's just it, you can't help her control it," Tiana said.

"What do you mean I cant help? I'm sure if we tried to help she could control it," I replied.

"But that's the thing. No one can control darkness like that. Not even the barer of the powers," Tiana said and she looked like she was about to cry.

"Doesn't she have powers associated with the night? Isn't that basically controlling darkness?" I asked trying not to upset her.

"Everyone thinks she brings darkness. But she doesn't bring darkness, she holds it back. She is the reason darkness has not destroyed everything. She's the protector of every realm yet she doesn't even know it," Tiana sighed. We fell into silence before she decided to speak again. "But what I want to know is how did Loki help her control it. I know everyone wants to know, and Tony assumes Loki wants to hurt Diana. But no matter how hard it is to believe, I can tell Loki really does care about her,".

"Well don't feel to bad if Tony takes a while to believe that Loki isn't trying to hurt Diana. He can be a bit stubborn at times, but he's only acting this way because he doesn't want her hurt. Same with everyone else," I told her and we left the room.

(Tiana's PoV)

I was sitting on the bed in my room, that Odin was kind enough to let me stay in while Diana as here. It was comforting to know that there were friends that cared for her while she was on Midgard. Even if Diana didn't realize it they did want to help her. The guilt got to me, it always had. If I had just been there for her, maybe it wouldn't have happened. Maybe if I would have been there for her father wouldn't be gone. Why did I ignore her? Why did I enjoy the limelight so much? Why did I need to be right? Why didn't I realize the need for being right would come with much to high a cost? Why did I let her run off? Why didn't I try to stop her? Why didn't I give her the chance to explain? To explain how she felt, why she felt that way, and how I could've helped her feel better. Why did I not give her the chance to make up for it? Why? Why? Why was I so blind? I said to myself as I fell asleep. That night I used some of my power to try and talk to Diana in her dreams. She wasn't asleep yet though, but when she did fall asleep I'll be there for her.

(Diana's PoV)

I felt the pain slowly return to my arm. I felt Loki's hand around my wrist as the pain slowly faded. He didn't say anything to me, and I didn't say anything to him. After that we just went to our tents and fell asleep. Well if either of us did fall asleep it would take a while. I knew why Loki didn't say anything, because he knew I was right. He knows I can't control it. After what felt like years I finally drifted off to sleep. The dream began but it wasn't like my normal dreams. In this dream I could control everything that happened, but I was just in a huge black abyss. Just standing there with nothing else around me. Then something happened.