Chapter 30

(Loki's PoV)

I had made an illusion to hear what Thor and Odin where saying. I would have never noticed Diana was there if she wouldn't have had a tiny gasp when Odin said they needed to lock her up. I was honestly glad she was invisible because if she wouldn't have been I know I would have felt bad to see her facial expression. I heard Thor get ready to come out and Diana ran to her room as fast as her injured legs could possibly go. I knew her legs would hurt badly once she started to run but I wasn't going to stop her. I couldn't believe it, well I actually could believe a stunt like this from Odin. But I was surprised he was forcing Thor to go along with it. My rage boiled inside as I snuck back to my room unnoticed. Not only would Diana be locked up if this plan went through, I would probably be thrown back in that retched dungeon. When I got back in my bedroom, that wouldn't be mine for much longer, I sat on the bed and used an illusion to see what Diana was now doing. She was doing exactly what I thought she would, getting ready to run. I could tell she wasn't sure where to run, but I could also tell she didn't care where as long as it wasn't anywhere near Odin. That's when I saw it. She opened the dresser and there was the necklace she had told me about. It was smart of her to hide it, and then she grabbed the book that she had gotten back. I knew that she would be running soon. Honestly I should be running too, I knew I was going to be locked back up again soon.

(Diana's PoV)

I had grabbed the necklace, and the book. I was ready to run. Sense no one knew I had heard it they'll think I'm just going for a walk. But as soon as I'm out the door I'm running and I don't plan on talking to Odin again.....ever. I opened my bedroom door and headed down the hall. I could do this, I just needed to get out of the palace and I could probably make my escape successfully from there. I heard footsteps and I turned around to see Loki standing there. I starred at him for a minute, then just continued walking away. I wasn't going to get caught, I couldn't allow anyone to slow me down, and the sooner I was out of here the better. Loki continued following me until I eventually said something.

"Why are you following me?" I asked in a semi annoyed tone.

"Well you where getting ready to leave, and I decided I was coming with you," he said with a smirk.

"Keep your voice down, I don't want the whole palace to know where I'm going," I told him.

"So where are you going?" he asked me.

"Honestly I have no idea, but as long as I'm far away from Thor and Odin I don't care where I am," I told him.

"So what do you plan to do if Thor catches you?" he said in an annoyed tone.

"Not sure yet, why?" I asked fearing that I would get the answer I was expecting. 

"That's why," he pointed to Thor who was obviously looking for me.

"Ugh, lets go, now," I said as I quickened my pace. I couldn't go to fast due to my injuries but I wanted to get out of there.

"Diana," I heard Thor call. I pretended not to hear it and I noticed Loki had used an illusion to make it seem like he wasn't there.

'Just keep walking, don't turn around. Just keep walking,' I thought to myself. Apparently Thor thought I just didn't hear him.

'What an idiot, like I couldn't hear him based on how close I was,' I thought to myself. I could just faintly hear Loki hold back at laugh. We made it to the door and I opened the door and started to sprint down the stairs. I could tell Loki was running too. I heard Thor yell my name again but this time he was fully aware that I was running. For some reason the only thing I could think about was the rage on Odin's face when he found out. I knew he wanted to protect me and others, but locking me up was no where near the best or only choice. I continued running until I was stopped. Thor had used his hammer to fly and landed right in front us. Loki's illusion had not yet faded which was actually a good thing.

"Diana stop this, you can not run forever," Thor said with a sad tone in his voice.

"That doesn't mean I can't try!" I yelled at him.

"Diana please I just want to he-," Thor started but I cut him off.

"Don't play dumb with me Thor! I heard what you and Odin where talking about! As soon as I think I can trust you you'll just lock me up like any other relic you have in that palace!" I yelled. Thor took a step back not realizing I had heard any of that. He stood in silence for a moment and didn't make a sound. I would have ran but I wanted to see what Thor would say next.

"Diana you know I wouldn't do that to you, even if my father demands it," he said in a sympathetic voice.

"And why should I believe you?" I said with all the rage in my voice showing.

"You shouldn't if you do run I will not go after you unless I have to," he said.

"Define have to," I said with anger in my voice. The anger was not going to subside, not until I was far away from here. He didn't say anything, he knew that no matter what happened I would be angry if he came after me. Thor went to say more until he was stopped by the sound of palace doors opening. I knew who it was, I didn't even have to look. If I had looked I would have seen the Avengers standing behind Odin.

"Father please, I-," Thor began to speak but was cut off by Odin.

"Thor, it has to be done!" Odin yelled at him.

"Wait, what has to be done?" I heard Tony asked. My heart nearly stopped beating. Did they really not know about the plan Odin had for me? Were they told, and if the weren't would they be upset to find out about the plan? Thor hesitated and Odin didn't say anything. Loki was still hidden and no one noticed him yet.

"Thor tell us, what has to be done?" Steve asked.

"My father had wanted me to re-earn her trust. When I did he wanted me to bring her back to Earth and then when there he wanted me to...," Thor stopped. I could tell he didn't want to say it. I took a quick glance at my arm, and there it was. Darkness, slowly creeping up my arm. I felt a hand upon my shoulder yet no one was in reaching distance. Loki had done it, and it calmed me down a little before I heard Bruce's voice.

"Go ahead Thor, tell us what your father wanted you to do," Bruce said sympathetically. Odin gave Thor a look, but Thor continued to talk anyway.

"He wanted me to lock her up in that glass chamber that was inescapable. He wanted me to make sure she stayed in there for the rest of her life," Thor said. I turned just enough to see the Avengers faces out of the corner of my eye. They all had surprised, and also somewhat angry expressions on their face. Thor walked away from me and walked toward his father. I knew I wasn't going to get another chance to run. So I took a step forward. I looked back and noticed every Avenger, other than Thor was watching me. Tony caught sight of my glance and just nodded. As if telling me to run now before Odin had a chance to stop me. I turned back to face forward and I sprinted off with Loki close behind.

"Thor stop her!" Odin told him. But all Thor did was turn to look at me, and then turned back to his father. The other Avengers just stood there as well. I was amazed that they didn't run after me. After what felt like days of non stop running we finally stopped. Loki's illusion faded and so had most of the dark spirals that had crept up my arm.