Chapter 13

(Diana's PoV)

I opened up to where I had left off, and began to read.

"Odin had come to visit Diana's family, but he did not know about Diana's dark powers. Her father hoped Odin would never find out, but things did not turn out how he planned. It had been the night of the dinner and Diana, and Tiana where talking. But then Tiana was interrupted by a few of her friends who begged her to hang out with them. They begged her to come, and Tiana looked up at Diana with a pitiful look in her eyes.

"I don't know," Tiana said.

"It's fine I don't mind......do you think I could come to?" Diana asked. The group of friends where all about eight or nine, the same as Tiana and Diana. The group of friends went silent and looked at Tiana. One elbowed Tiana excepting her to say something.

"Well, I don't think.....I ummm.....oh look there's dad I think he wants to talk to you!" Tiana said. Diana looked back and saw her father walking toward them. Diana went to face her sister, but when she turned Tiana was already halfway down the hall with her friends. She sighed, but when her father was close enough she acted like she was completely happy.

"Diana, are you ok?" her dad asked. Diana smiled, and turned to him.

"Yeah I'm fine, Tiana is just getting a head start sense I have to get something from my room. We're going to meet up in a few minutes," Diana said with a small smile. Her dad merely smiled and continued walking down the hall. As soon as he left Diana's sight, her smile faded, and she sighed.

"Yeah I'm fine...," she sighed to herself as she walked to her room. A few hours passed and Odin had arrived. Queen Frigga was back at her palace with their sons. Diana, Tiana, their mother, their father, and Odin sat at the grand dinning room table. Diana sat next to her father, and across from her sister. She ate her food silently and only chimed in on the conversation when she was forced to. After a while Odin started to mainly talking to her, and Diana didn't like this. She was afraid something would go wrong, and she would ruin everything.

'Come on you can do this, only ten more minute, and it will be over. Just don't let it show.' Diana thought to herself. As their conversation went on, Odin asked a question. But not just any normal question.

"So I have heard that you have powerful magic, a lot like Tiana's but stronger. Is this true?" Odin asked. Diana nearly chocked on her food when that question was asked.

"Yes, that is true," Diana said, just barely managing to answer. Odin just nodded, and it went silent for a while until Odin broke the silence.

"What kinds of powers are these?" Odin asked. Diana began to become stressed, but she forced down the darkness from showing on her hands, and wrists.

"W-Well I have the power to teleport, fly, I can turn invisible and some other stuff. I also have some powers associated with the moon, and night but I don't really know what those connections are," Diana responded calmly. She looked down at her hand quickly without being noticed. Her hand looked normal. She took a silent sigh of relief. 

"Any others?" Odin asked.

"No, or at least not that I know of," Diana quickly said. Then Odin started to ask Tiana questions. It was fine until another unsettling question popped up.

"I have noticed that Diana doesn't to play with her sister or her friends a lot. Is there any particular reason why?" Odin asked, and you could hear the curiosity in his voice. Diana shot her father a look and then quickly looked away.

"Actually she-," Tiana began but got cut off by Diana.

"I'm going to go, I'll be back in a minute," Diana said as she got up from the table and began walking but she didn't get to far.

"Diana, can you just stay for once?" Tiana asked. Diana kept walking, and hid her hand which now had the black spirals forming on them.

"Tiana, please I'll be back in a minute," Diana said her voice cracking.

"What is going on?" Odin asked. But before anyone answered Tiana stood up and walked over to Diana.

"Diana, just stay. It will be fine, nothing bad will happen," Tiana said as she went to put her hand on Diana's shoulder. But Diana pulled herself away, and Tiana didn't notice her hand.

"No it won't be fine," Diana mumbled as she began to walk away.

"Tiana sit back down," her mother said, but Tiana ignored her.

"Yes it will Diana! Just come on! Why do you always act like this? It will be fine!" Tiana said angrily to her sister.

"NO IT WON'T!!!" Diana yelled as she turned to face her sister. Her entire arm now had the black spirals, and her hands where a pitch black. When she turned she had sent a force so strong almost all the light in the room was gone. The shadows moved in strange, unnatural ways, and Diana's bright blue eyes had faded to black. Tiana took a step back.

"D-Diana?" Tiana stammered.

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!" Odin's voice boomed. He was not happy that this was kept from him. Tiana had known about it, but had never really seen it happen this bad. Diana blinked a few times, and looked at her hands. She looked around the room, and starred at the table. The rage on Odin's face, the fear on her mother's face, and the sadness on her father's face. She started to cry and ran out of the room. She locked herself in her room, and hid in the corner. It was pitch black in her room, and she was a decent distance from the dinning room, but she could still hear Odin yell.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Odin asked in a calmer tone, than before.

"I didn't say anything because it's of no worry. She can control it," her father said.

"Control? That was not control, and I do not care how little of worry it is, I deserve to know!" Odin snapped back. Back in Diana's room shadows crept all around as Diana hid her head. Her face was soaked with tears. The words 'monster' and 'screw up' echoed in her mind, as the pain would not stop.

"This is not her fault," her father said trying to get Odin to calm down. Tiana used her power to re-lite the room. She went to sit down, but her mother motioned for her to go to her room.

"Then who's fault is it, that this has happened?" Odin asked.

"It's my fault," the father said.

"What?" the mother asked.

"I should have helped teach her to control it more," her father said.

"You need to teach her to control it, but if you can't you will pay the price. You are my friend, but Diana could easily hurt someone," Odin said with a tiny bit of sorrow in his voice. They all looked at each other, and then Odin stood up. He thanked them for the meal and left. After that the two parents had a fight, and Diana heard every word of it.

"I told you this would happen! We should've gotten rid of her when we had the chance!" her mother yelled. Diana buried her face deeper in her knees when she heard this. The words 'monster' and 'screw up' echoed louder in her head. The rest of the argument was drowned out by her thoughts of pain."

I stopped reading the book, and I starred down at my hands. No wonder Odin hated me, after what I had did. Maybe finding out was a bad idea, but I was going to have to find out more eventually. I remembered how it mentioned the look of terror on my mom's face, and how she wanted me gone. Why would my own parent say that? I tried to erase the thought but it wouldn't work. For a moment I forgot that I was even being hunted down right now. But sense I was safe from sight on this branch I decided to stay for the night.